28.

Preet's parents entered and ignored the shocking expression of Veer and Rajvansh's family.

Veer couldn't believe his eyes. Why would they do this to him and his family?

Damini glared at them for defaming her family's name and reputation. They hurt her pride. She is furious from the inside. But she controls herself from losing her cool in the Police station and creating unnecessary.

"What is all this Karan? Is this a joke to you? Why did you do this?" she asked, gritting her teeth.

Karan Sharma, Preet's father looks at her with a blank face. Preet's mother comes forward and looks at her then turns to Veer with anger and hurt.

"Damini ji, we should ask all these questions from you and your family?" She asked angrily.

She stood in front of Veer and tears appeared in her eyes,
"I gave my daughter to you with so much trust. But you and your evil family broke my trust. My Preet is the kindest and sweetest girl you ever get but you didn't value her. You people…are torturing my daughter. Did you not feel ashamed for doing such a horrible crime and hurting my innocent Preet? Why Veer?" She asked while crying looking into Veer's confused eyes.

"What..t? What are you saying, Mom? You must be mistaken. You have some misunderstanding. Why would we do something to hurt her?" Veer told her to try to make her believe her.

Karan glared at him and stood in front of him.

"We are not making things, Mr. Veer Singh Rajvansh. I won't leave for physically and mentally torturing my daughter. Just wait and watch. I will make sure you all rot in jail," He spat then turned to Damini and Urmila before looking at the officer.

"Do whatever you want. I want them behind the bars. And here is the proof," He said to the officer , placing a few pictures on the table.

Veer looks at the pictures and his eyes widen in shock and panic. He picked up the picture of Preet with few bluish marks and redness on her hand and feet. In one of the pictures she is holding her hand with slight redness while face is twisted in pain and tears flowing from her eyes.

"Why are you so shocked? You people are the one who gave her these scars. Don't know what more you people did with her," Karan said with clench jaw feeling anger bubbling inside him.

"Who told you all these things? Did Preet tell you that we are abusing her?" Veer asked, now having enough of his fake accusations.

"Why would she tell us when you all threaten her and blackmail to keep her mouth shut. We won't tell you who revealed your truth but just so you know, someone from your house informs you about your horrible act," Veer curls his fingers in a fist tightly.

Damini and Urmila look shocked and confused. Thinking about who could give false information to them.

"Mr. Sharma, we need a victim's statement before proceeding with investigation and file the case," The police officer informed Karan who looked at his wife and silently asked something.

"Preet is not picking up my call. I was trying for two hours," as soon as she said Karan turned to Veer and asked

"Where is my daughter, Veer?" Veer looked at him in shock and in disbelief.

"How would I know? I have been here for 3 hours. She must be at home. Let me call her. Ask them to give me my phone for a minute," he said politely, now feeling worried for Preet.

"You must do something for her. If something happens to her then no one will save you from me," Karan whispered, holding his collar as fear of losing his daughter made him restless.