46.

Veer stirs in sleep before slowly opening his eyes only to see Preet's beautiful face in front of his eyes.

He sat straight on the chair as he fell asleep while sitting last night. He moved his gaze toward the window to see the reddish-yellow sky and the beautiful sunrise.

He opened his phone to see it was 6 am and he also saw a message from Aarav saying he had to go home as Avni is alone. He will come back in the afternoon to take Anaya with him as she will be discharged by then.

He replied with just one word saying okay and then placed it back on the table.

He saw their fingers still intertwined. He bent slightly and kissed her fingers and smiled, looking at her face.

"Good morning, My heart. See the sun has come. Now wake up, Yaar," he whispered, kissing her forehead gently.

He heard the doctor opening and looked to see a doctor and a nurse coming inside. He stood up as they stood near Preet's bed.

The doctor greets him and reads Preet's report file. He nodded and checked her vitals in the monitor. He wrote something in the notepad and told the nurse to include it in the treatment.

"Mr. Rajvansh, don't worry she is doing really great. She will soon get her senses back," Veer looked at Preet and then the doctor in concern.

"Why is she taking so much time? Is something wrong?" he worriedly asked internally, praying for her.

"No, she is okay. It's just due to blood loss that her body became really weak so it will taking time to recover and also because she was under heavy medication. Everything is  fine. She will wake up soon," the doctor assured him.

Veer sighed and nodded at the doctor and thanked him. The doctor gives him a professional smile and tells him not to worry about her and goes out.

A few minutes later, the nurse also left after changing Preet's gown and dressing and gave her medicines.

He again sat on the chair near her bed and looked at her desperately waiting for her to open her eyes. Suddenly he remembered something. He stood up from his chair and glanced at her.

"I am coming in a bit, okay? Don't worry I will be back in a minute," he said and kissed the back of her hand before unlacing their fingers.

He walked out of the room and went to reception.

"Excuse me," he called the receptionist who was doing something on the computer. She looked up at him.

"Yes sir?"

"I need the hospital bill to pay as my wife  has been admitted here since last night," the lady nodded and typed something in her computer.

"Patient name?" she asked.

"Preet Rajvansh," he told her and waited for her to tell him the amount.

"Sir, the payment is already done," she said, making him frown.

"Huh? But I…may I know who paid the bill," he politely asked. 

"It's Aarav Rajvansh, sir," he still for a second before he walked from there after thanking her.

"Veer, what are you doing? I am so done you and your minions," Preet scolds Veer who smiles sweetly at her making her huff at his drama.

"Relax, my heart…We will clean it. Right, soldiers?" the hall filled with the cute baby shout.

"Yea!!! Haatt!!" And then the sweet giggles fill Preet's heart with bliss.

(heart!!)

Preet chuckled at the baby voice and collected her peace in her embrace. Then Veer hugged them, wrapping his arms protectively around them and kissed their forehead lovingly.