18

Happy reading
____________________________________

Veer and Preet walked into the party hall between the soft music playing in the background and people's chatting voices.

Veer has his palm lightly placed on her back. Veer greet a few guests, he knew, on his way. While Preet has a soft small smile on her as looks around the beautifully decorated hall.

"Are you comfortable?" Preet turn her face to Veer as he whispered near her ear.
Preet didn't know much about the business world not she is interested. Veer knows she must be feeling awkward between so many unknown people.

"I am fine, don't worry," she told him while smiling at his care.

"First meet the married couples then we will search for our table," She nodded at him and they made their way to the stage to congrats the couple.

"Congratulation Mr. Dhawan," Veer said as the men share a hug.

"Thank you, Mr. Rajvansh. Happy to have you guys here," Veer nodded at him with a formal smile on his face.

"Congratulations Dear, Wish you both a happy married ahead," Preet wishes the bride taking her in a gentle hug.
The bride smile brightly at her and said a soft thank you.

"Glad you came to our party, Mrs. Rajvansh," Mr. Rathor said to Preet to which she just smile at him.

"You guys looks so good together," The bride said making Veer and Preet a little shy. Preet just smile at her word and said a tiny thank you with light redness on her cheeks. Veer looked at Preet's blushing face. Unknowingly his heart feels peace.

"hope you guys enjoy the party" Mr. Rather said politely to which Veer nodded.

After exchanging few more words, Veer and Preet come down from the stage and take their seat at their reserved table.

"You have something while I will come after meeting few of the guests," He told after she settle down on her chair.
She look at him and nodded giving an assuring smile.

"Don't worry about me, I will be fine," she assured him.

"Call me if you need something. I am coming in a while,"Saying he left from there.

Preet looked around while sipping an orange juice. Everyone is busy with themselves showing off their wealth through dazzling dresses and jewelry. Fake and extra sweet smiles were decorated on their faces.

But among so many unknown faces, Preet's eyes fell on a familiar face. Her jaw clenched looking at that person. Her happy mood immediately fell.

Suddenly that person turn to her and smirked at Preet seeing her already staring at her.

"Hello, dear sis," Ruhi said with a smirk.

Preet control her irritation and smile politely at her.
"You love spoiling my mood. Didn't you?" she asked giving Ruhi a tight lip smile.

Ruhi let out a humorless chuckle, looking like an evil character in a black long gown with a mid thigh slit on side.

Preet thought and thinned her lips stopping from smile at her imagination.

Preet made a blank face.
"You know me too well, sissy. That's why I love you," Rolling her eyes at her. Preet look behind her and her eyes fell on Veer who was standing between few men at a bar counter.

Ruhi turn around to look behind where Preet is staring. At the same time Veer looked at Preet and smiles lightly making Preet her lips curved.

Ruhi's hand formed a tight fist seeing their eye contact and silent talk.