45.

Aarav is looking at restless Veer who is standing beside the door. His eyes are fixed on the door as if that is the only thing can see.

He never sees Veer like this. The Veer he knew was cold, reserved, and emotionless, totally opposite of what he was seeing right now.
Aarav smiled lightly, feeling happy for his brother for having a kind, loving, and caring woman like Preet in his brother's life. Finally, he has a person he truly deserves and silently prays for his and Preet's happy life.

He stands beside him and notices he is lost somewhere.

"Bhabhi will be fine, Bhai," he said, looking at him.

Veer snapped his head and looked at him then stared at the closed doors where his wife is.
"I know. After all, where would she go without me, right?" In the end, a loving smile appeared on his lips which actually broke Aarav's heart, seeing so much love in his eyes.

After 2 dreadful hours, finally, the door opened, making Veer stand straight and walk to the doctor.

"My wife…" the doctor removes his mask and sighs looking at him. Veer stares at him hopefully but feels uneasy seeing the doctor's expression.

"We stopped the bleeding and by god grace the object didn't harm any vital organ of her. However, due to excessive bleeding, her condition is critical. We can't say anything right now," Veer's heart dropped in fear, fear of losing his only anchor who held him.

"We will shift her in the ICU for now. You can see her," saying the doctor walked away from there, leaving him devastated.

Aarav gets worried, looking at his emotionless expression.

"Bhai, please sit down. Bhabhi will be fine, I know," Aarav made him sit on the chair and squat in front of him.

Veer looks at him and soon his vision blurs due to tears in his eyes before falling down his face.

It's like his whole world shook just at the thought of something bad happening to her. He will die if she also leaves him. He can't take it if one more person leaves him alone.

He is still mourning his parents and Dadu's absence in his life. Now he couldn't take any more pain.

He will shatter beyond repair with her.

"She is mad at me. I shouted at her a few days ago, Aarav. I didn't even talk to her in anger. Now she is taking revenge for troubling her. But it's enough na. Ask her to not do this. I will apologize to her. Just ask her to open her eyes," he said desperately while looking at Aarav with tear-filled eyes.

Aarav looks at his broken brother and hugs him tightly, now able to see him like this. He always saw him as a hard and strong man. He hates this condition.

"Bhai, please don't cry. Stay strong for Bhabhi. She needs you the most. Have faith in god. She will be alright. Control yourself, Bhai," Aarab said, pulling back from the hug.

Veer then realizes Aarav is right. He can't fall weak when his Preet needs him.

Veer nodded slowly and wiped his face.

"Excuse me, sir, are you with Mrs. Preet Rajvansh?" a nurse came to them and asked.

Veer stood up in worry. Aarav also stood beside him.

"Yes, I am her husband," Veer said, preventing his voice from breaking.

"The patient shifted in the ICU. You can meet her. But please be careful," Veer nodded impatiently.

The nurse went away from there. Aarav placed his hand on Veer's shoulder and nodded his head.

"Go meet her. I am in Anaya's room," Aarav said, seeing Veer still in his place.