26.

Happy Rakshabandhan everyone!!
___________________________________

Preet comes inside their room with their food in a tray. She keeps it on the table and waits for Veer to come as he is showering right now.

She looked up when she heard the door opening sound and smiled seeing Veer coming toward her in a gray t-shirt and black sweatpants.

"Why do you bring dinner in the room? We could eat in the dining room, " he asked in confusion sitting beside her on the couch.

"Vo…everyone eats early as Dadi and Chote Papa are not here. Also Aarav and Avni left for vacation last night. Only we both left for dinner, so I brought our dinner to the room," Veer nodded.

Preet serves him and for her and in silence they have their dinner.
Veer smiles when she gives him Ras Malai.

"Anything special today," Veer asked, taking a bite of it.

"Nothing just wanted to make something sweet," she told him with a slight smile on her face.

"How is it?"

"It's delicious," she felt happy seeing him enjoying the sweet.

"Why are you not eating?" he asked, seeing her collecting their dirty plates.

"I am not feeling like. You eat," she told him.

"As long as I remember you love sweets, don't you," she looked at him with raised eyes, thinking how did he know.

"Who told you this?" she asked him.

"I heard you once, telling Avni that you have a sweet tooth," he told her, shrugging his shoulders. She smiled and nodded her head.

"That I am, "

"Then why are you not eating this? It is so good," he told her.

"Hm… I just made it for you as the ingredients are not enough, " she told him and stood up with their plates to take them to the kitchen.

He held her hand and made her sit beside him. Placing the tray on the table, he fed her a sweet dish. She looked at him with a soft expression while he was feeding her lovingly with his hands.

She felt content with his sincere care for her.

What more she could ask for, right? He is what she needs.

"I will go place them in the kitchen," saying, he took the tray of their used plates and walked out leaving her lost in her thoughts.

She smiles sadly thinking how his own family wanted to hurt him. They wanted to see him suffer. They are jealous of his hard work and dedication. They envy what he has. They don't want him to be happy and peaceful in his life.

She is sitting in front of the mirror staring at his huge portrait through the mirror. And smile admiring his smile. He is looking so charming with a tiny smile on his face.

"Am I looking handsome, Biwi?"

Preet nodded in a daze but then snapped into reality and found Veer looking at her with a smirk in the mirror.

She looks away and bites her lips feeling shy under his teasing gaze. Avoiding his intense gaze on her, she began braiding her hair.

Veer smiles at her and walks near her. Standing behind her, he took her half-braided hair while staring into her beautiful eyes and began opening her hair. He ruffled them after opening the braid and slid them on her right shoulder.

She shivers as the cold air touches her bare back due to the deep neck nightgown. Veer looks at her as his eyes turn dark in desire. She felt herself shaking at the intensity he was looking at her.