34.

Veer sighed and looked at Preet who was struggling to clean the house alone as she warned him not to touch a thing. 

Even after he tells her that he is fine and can do the clean with her she is not ready to listen to him. 

He shook his head, staring at her trying to remove the spider webs in the corner but she couldn't reach there due to her height.

He walked near her and picked her up by her waist, making her scream. She looks down but as soon as she realizes it is Veer her shocking eyes turn into glare.

"Veer!! What are you doing? You will hurt yourself? Leave me right now,.. " she ordered him, making him roll his eyes.

"Stop scolding me. And quickly do your work," he said, ignoring her glare. 

"Veer please, you are not well. Leave me…" she asked him but suddenly she squirmed and held his shoulders tightly with her one hand while the other held the broom. 

He smirked and asked,

"Should I really leave you wifey, huh?" he playfully asked, making her whine as she felt him loosening his hold on her hips.

"You are so bad, Veer," she said angrily, making him chuckle.  

"I know. Now quickly do your work," she looked at him with narrow eyes but then quickly cleaned the corners so he left her.

She sat with a tired sigh and wiped her sweat with the back of her hand. 

Suddenly a glass of water comes in front of her face. She looks up to see Veer standing there holding that glass for her. 

She took the glass and drank the water in one go, realizing how thirsty she was. 

"The water system is still working here I don't know how," he said with a shrug and sat beside her on the old wooden sofa. 

She nodded and looked around with a satisfying smile as the house looked somewhat clean and livable. 

He looked at her sweaty and tired face, suddenly feeling sad and guilty for not being able to help her. It must be really difficult for her to clean the house all alone. 

He wanted to help but she wasn't letting him. 

"You are looking so tired and this is making me feel bad," he whispered, wiping the sweat from her face with his hanky. 

She smiled at his care and held her hand that was wiping her sweat and placed a kiss on the back of his hand.

"Please don't feel bad. I know you wanted to help but I want to exhaust you. Don't forget you had surgery last week. Just take care of yourself, that's all I want," she said, smiling at him sweetly. 

He felt so lucky to have her in his life. She is the most precious gift he has. And he will forever be thankful to god for sending her in his life. 

"I will get well soon for you. I have lots of responsibilities to take now," he said then sighed as he had lots of things to do.

"We will manage everything, don't stress yourself, Veer. God will show us the way," she assured him softly and placed her head on his shoulder to relax a bit after her hard work. 

He looks at her face and smiles weakly looking at her closed eyes. He circled his arm around and kissed the side of her head,

"She really tired herself," he whispered to himself and gently caressed her shoulder while kissing her hair a few times. 

"Preet wake up…"

"Come on open your beautiful eyes, my love," 

Preet smiled in sleep hearing his sweet voice filled with love and adoration.