49.

"Veer …" Urmila whispered, looking shocked seeing Veer in front of her after months.

Veer cleared his throat and stepped aside letting her come in without saying anything. She gulped and looked down before entering inside followed by Sumitra who clenched her jaw in anger.

Not wanting to face them, he went to the balcony and sat there letting Aarav explain to them about his and Preet's presence here.

"Aarav," Aarav looked around to see his mother and suddenly he felt his heart break seeing her dull and lifeless face and dark circles around her eyes. She is looking weak and tired, making his heart pinch.

"Please sit. Avni is getting ready. She will be here in a while. You need anything," he said politely although he is still mad at her but now seeing her state he decided to leave it aside for now. Today he is happy and doesn't want any drama on his and his wife's big day.

"It's okay, dear. I am find," she lovingly said to which he just nodded without any emotion on his face.

He saw his Nani and greeted her. He can't forget his morals and mannerisms for someone like her.

Sumitra smiles at her and forces him.
"I am so happy for you and Avni. God bless you,"

He forced his smile clearly showing his disliking toward her but she ignored it.

"Aarav, Veer-" Urmila wanted to ask about Veer.

"He and Bhabhi are here for our baby shower ceremony. They are family so they are here to share our happiness and bless our baby," He said, smiling at them, making Urmila nod as she smiled weakly.
While Sumitra fumes in anger. But hide her hatred for them in front of Aarav.

"Please make yourself comfortable.  I will be back," he said and went to search for Veer. But seeing him sitting in the balcony and staring at the clear sky he thought to not disturb him and talk to him later after the function.

Urmila stood up and smiled softly as Anaya came running down the stairs in a hurry while smiling. Her daughter is looking happy and innocent unlike before, reserved and irritated. She really failed as a mother, no? This thought makes her eyes tear up but she closes her eyes again and looks at Anaya who is now standing at the bottom of the stairs looking at her with a small smile.

"My baby seems so happy," She said, walking near her and caressing her head.

"I am, Mom," she said, unaware of the fact that her mother's heart shattered at the thought that she couldn't keep her own children and family happy.

"I am glad," she said, patting her cheek.

"Anaya when are you coming bac-'' Sumitra asked which Urmila wanted to ask but couldn't gather the courage.

"I forgot, I have to get juice for Avni Bhabhi," Anaya gives a tight smile to her Nani then runs to the kitchen, ignoring them.

"Now she also becomes like Aarav. I really curs-"

"Ma, please stop it,…" Urmila cut her mother in her weak voice. Sumitra frowns at her but doesn't say anything.

Veer is standing in the corner waiting for his wife while Aarav is talking with the priest about the ritual that has to be performed. Urmila is helping in arranging things for the main ceremony.

Veer's eyes again run around the beautifully decorated hall with balloons and flowers and a sad smile formed on lips. If not for the pathetic revenge and jealousy of some people, he would have also had this happiness in his life. His and Preet's baby.
He quickly shook this thought and shut his eyes. No, he shouldn't have thought like this. Life has given him a very precious person and instead of crying for what couldn't have, he should be grateful for what he has. He is very happy and content with his beautiful wife.