32.

The papers fell from Preet's hand in shock and shattered near her feet. She slowly raises her head and looks at the devilish smile of Sumitra. Her whole body went numb reading the content.

It is unbelievable for her to think about her and Urmila's hate for her and Veer. They shock her every time she thinks they can't be lower than this level. But how wrong she is.

She felt anger, shock, hurt, pain, and scared all together right now.

"How is it, Preet? Did you like it?" Sumitra asked, giving a sweet smile before lightly chuckling, seeing Preet clenching her fists on her sides.

"Are you regretting not reading it before signing, hmm?" she asked, making a fake curious face.

"I am not and  never will be because it is worth as I have my Veer with me safe and sound. But I regret expecting a little humanity from cruel people like you and your daughter,"

Preet said with gritting teeth. Sumitra chuckled slightly looking at her.

"Well…leave it. It's of no use now, right? Let's talk about the main matter, shall we?" she said seriously and then sat in the middle of the couch leisurely as if she owned the place.

"So as stated in the contract you and your husband have to leave Rajvansh Villa and all the luxuries and properties associated with Rajvansh's name. Every single thing belongs to you and Veer will go to Aarav and his wife…" Preet was feeling her inside burning in anger. And her heart clenched in pain thinking of the intensity of her decision.

"And most important one, you and Veer will not have any child and will serve my daughter's family for your whole life. You vowed to never become a mother in your life as per the contract and…you yourself signed these papers with your will. Am I right, darling?" Preet looked away and closed her eyes tightly, seeing her smirking at her, having a satisfying look.

"And don't you dare to tell anyone and make my daughter's life more difficult," Preet turned to her, glaring at her at the audacity of her to warn her after her disgusting act.

Tears are shining in her innocent eyes showing how much she is going through right now.  The emotional stress and pain are too much for her weak heart.

"And here are the property papers. Get Veer's and yours signed on it before tomorrow's breakfast. Now I can't tolerate your and Veer's presence anymore. It's better if you leave soon,"

Preet immediately held the armrest of the couch as her legs were shaking. She covers her mouth with palm and closes her eyes to hide the tears. A choked sob left from her throat making her whole body shake in pain she felt in her chest.

But suddenly her cry stuck in her throat as she heard a voice,
"Why are you crying, Preet?"
Veer said, coming near her while walking slowly.

Her body stiffened, realizing his presence near her. While Sumitra rolled her eyes giving them a boring look.

Veer stands near the sofa holding its backrest for support. He looks at Sumitra and then Preet who turns her face away from him. But he knows she is crying by hearing her soft sniffing.

"Please don't do your drama in front of me. Also now that you come here why don't we have some important talk, right Preet dear?" Sumitra said, looking at them with a sweet evil smile.

Preet fist her hands tightly glaring at her. Angry tears formed in her eyes.

While Veer is getting confused as he looks between them with a frown.

"Here sign these papers, Veer," Sumitra said in a blank tone, giving him properties papers.

Preet looked at her and felt her breath stop. Her eyes widened slightly, fearing Veer's reaction.