42.

Veer sighed in frustration and lean tiredly against his chair. Whatever happened in the morning was running in his head. He shouldn't lose his control but he was hurt. Now he couldn't concentrate on his work. He looks at the files on his table while rubbing his forehead feeling his headache increasing.

Suddenly Preet's tearful face came in front of him. She was looking so hurt, all because of him.

But he was frustrated, angry and hurt by her act. He still is. She should at least talk to him for once. He would try to understand her and her feeding. He would never force his decision on her. And contract, like seriously, what was the need to sign a contract. If she doesn't want a kid, he would never force her to have one. He is happy with her. She is enough for him. His happiness lies in her.

He took a deep breath and rubbed his face with palms before getting back to his work.

Sitting on the floor of her and Veer room, she stared at the broken frame while tears were flowing like a waterfall from her eyes. Her lips are trembling badly while looking at their happy faces in the photo.

"Don't hate me, Veer. I was helpless, I am sorry," she whispered in her crying voice.

She wiped her tears with the back of her hand and placed the broken photo frame on the table. She stood up taking support of the chair where Veer was sitting.

As she stood she felt her leg hurting badly as she was sitting on the floor for 3 hours.

She mopped the glass pieces from the floor before lying on the bed feeling exhausted.

A single tear again left from the corner of her eyes, she closed her eyes not wanting to cry more. Her eyes were already burning due to non-stop crying.

Urmila was sitting with her mother in the living room when she saw Aarav and Avni coming down holding suitcases.

She stood up and looked at them as suddenly fear arose in her heart.

As they reached the last stair, Avni slowly walk to her and said,
"Mom, we are shifting to company penthouse,"

This shocked Urmila's whole world. She looked at Aarav who was standing far away from her while looking at his phone.

"Why!?" she whispered as her inside squeezing was painful.

"Avni come we are getting late," Aarav called Avni to which she nodded.

"Take care, Mom" she softly said and about to turn but Urmila held her wrist.

"You are not going anywhere, understand. And what is this Aarav? At least think about Avni, she is in her second trimester. She needs us. How will she manage herself and you? Don't be stupid? And what is the need of staying in a penthouse when you have such a big house to live with servants to take care of everything?"

"You don't have to worry Mom. I have arranged everything. After thinking a lot I made this decision. I don't want my Avni to stay in a depressing and bad environment when she is carrying our baby.  Avni's mother will be with her in my absence so rest assured," Aarav told her coldly. It hurts Urmila the way he was talking with her.

"Just because of Veer, you started hating your mother, Aarav. Do not do this Aarav, I only have one daughter in law, you can't snatch my right to pamper and fulfill every wish and demand of Avni when she is carrying my grandchild. I love you both," Avni looked down feeling bad looking at her tears but she didn't like how she treated Preet.

"I know you are angry with me but trust me baccha I only want your good. Please don't leave your Mom. How will I live without you and Avni? When you and Avni will have your baby in your hands then you will realize why I do this?" Aarav scoffed at her last sentence and looked into her teary eyes with his angry and hurtful eyes.