15

Enjoy reading...

*********************************

Veer looked at her who was staring at him innocently with glossy eyes. Preet sniffed and wiped her tears with the back of her palm.

She looks down at the papers beside her feet and closed her eyes for a second before picking them with her shaking hand.

She forward her palm while looking down at those papers as her eyes fixed on the bold letters of her cruel fate.

"P..pen..." she whispered with so much difficulty as she is feeling pain in her throat as if something struck there.

Instead of a pen, she felt something warm engulf her small hand. She looks at her hand before her teary gaze moves upward to see Veer looking at her with soft eyes.

Her hand tightens around his fingers which he was holding in a gentle hold.
Veer smiles slightly seeing her chin tremble and lightly brush her tear with the pad of his thumb.

"Don't cry, please. I know I am the one who makes you cry but don't hurt yourself for someone like me. I don't deserve your precious tears," he softly said with guilt. Preet look down and close her eyes letting her unshredded tears go and fell on the divorce papers.

"I am really a bad person to you. I am so sorry. If possible please forgive me," she sob silently tightly clenching her fist to control herself from crying out loud.

"Can you please give me a last chance, Preet?" hearing his she slowly turn to him.

"This time I want you take a decision...for us. Our future and fate lie in your hand, " he look down at the divorce papers in her lap. Preet blinked her teary eyes not believing him.

"Don't look at me like this, Preet. I never gave you anything in this marriage and I will forever be guilty of that. I don't want to marry anyone but now I wanted to take a chance with you. But the last decision will be your...only if want to give me a chance. I promise I will give my best in this relationship this time," he said with determination looking into her eyes.

Preet stared at his face for a minute before a sad smile appeared on her face.
"Why? Are you feeling pity on me, Veer?" she whispered as hurt flashed in her innocent orbs clenching his heart painfully.

"No Preet! You are a strong woman who doesn't need anyone's pity. I am just giving myself a chance to live a normal life. And I want that normal life only with you. I know I realize very late. But you give me a chance I will try my hundred percent to be the person you deserve," Preet listen to him and asked him in low voice,

"you won't hurt again?" he shook his head taking her small hand in his.

"You won't ignore me like before," Veer expression softens at her innocent questions. He smile at her lightly and whisper,
"Never, ...I promise,"

"Pakka promise?!" she whisper with tears shining in her eyes and hook her pinky finger with his little finger.

"Pakka Promise," and tighten his little finger around her with a charming smile on his face.

A smile broke into Preet's face seeing the sincerity and promise in his eyes.
With that, she hug him tightly wrapping her arms around his neck and cried in his embrace in happiness.

Veer also wrap his arm around her and soothingly caress her head letting her cry in his arms.
"Shh... it's okay," he murmured against her hair while patting her head as she sob against his neck.

She can't believe he is giving their marriage a chance. She wanted to know what had changed suddenly but it doesn't matter now. She doesn't care about anything if he is here for her now. She is happy. She smile against his chest as they sat on the bed beside each other. She feel safe and peaceful in his arms. His warmth always give her peace.

She sign tiredly and cuddles more into his chest just then there is a knock on the door.

"I think the maid comes with our food. Let me see," She nodded as he get off the bed and open the door.

Taking the food tray from the servant, he again closes the door and walks to her with food.

"You must be hungry, let feed you something. It was already late," He place the tray in the middle of the bed.

"Let me wash my hand first," saying she get off the bed. She felt a little weak maybe due fever. She stop for a second and took a deep breath gathering her remaining strength.

"What happens? Are you okay, Preet?" Veer asked as she was taking a deep breath.

"Hmm, I am coming," she nodded giving a little smile, and walk to the washroom at a slow pace.

She came back after washing her hands and face and sat on the bed in front of Veer.
She thank him as he place the plate of food to eat and then serve himself.

Preet look up while eating her food and smile while staring at Veer who was busy devouring the delicious meal.

They had their dinner in peaceful silence. Veer place their dirty plates on the table. After giving medicines to Preet, he ask her to sleep.

Seeing him so caring and worried for her, Preet silently lay down look at him as he cover her properly before going inside the washroom with his night clothes to change.

She closes her eyes with a sigh and smiles mentally seeing him so caring for her. And she dozes off slowly while thinking about him and his sudden change in behavior toward her.

Veer come out of the bathroom after taking a shower. His eyes fell on his wife who was sleeping like a baby. He walk up to her and sit beside her on the bed.

Placing the back of his palm he check her temperature and sigh in relief finding it normal.

"Good night," he whispered while leaning toward her face and press his lips gently on her forehead.

He feel weird as his lips touch her skin but somewhere his heart loves these small and sweet moments.

Now he realized this is what is missing in his life. A partner who care for him, who desire him and his presence. He need a companion in his lonely life. For whom he earn, live and fight.

That is no one but Preet. She cares for him and loves him when he was desperately trying to go away from her.

He stares at her beautiful serene face and his fingers lightly are caressing her soft chubby cheeks.
"Thank you for not leaving me and loving me always. Thank you for fighting for me when I was nothing but a jerk to you. I promise to cherish  you always the way you deserve,"
He murmur slowly but his voice held promise and determination.

*******************************

Thank you for reading...

Hope you all like it.

Please Vote and don't forget to leave your comments.

The next update will be little late as my exams are coming so I need some time for revision and preparation. Hope you all can understand.

And thank you so much to all my readers for all the unconditional love and support to my stories.

I will be back soon. Wait for me.

See you soon.
Till then keep reading and enjoying.

Be happy and kind.

Love you all❤️❤️