53.

"Take them carefully, Bhaiya," Preet said, placing a few boxes in the delivery boy's car's backseat.

"Rest assured, Madam," the delivery boy said before he left.

Preet sighed tiredly as it was the last order of today. She notes the details of the order in a small notepad which helps her in recording the data for accounting and planning for the future.

"Now come eat your dinner," Veer calls her as he sets their plate in the living room which is not filled with packaging supplies and cardboard.

She smiled at him and sat with him on the sofa. Although she is tired but the happy glow in eyes and satisfaction was clearly visible to Veer.

"How was the progress?" Veer asked her while eating. Preet smiled and nodded before gulping the morsel.

"You won't believe the growth in the orders is almost more than 50 percent since last week. We managed to make more than 100 customers since last month when it was started. It's a big success, right?" she said to which he nodded proudly at her and doubted her happiness.

"It's great start for a new startup. For now focus more on growth than profit, the profit will follow the path of growth. The business is growing exceptionally well. Just maintain the momentum and always remember-" Preet stopped him and nodded in understanding.

"Customer is the king, right?" she said what he told her. He chuckled and nodded at her.

"My woman is on her way to become a businesswoman," he said, making her grin. The amount of faith and trust he had on her, motivates her but at the same time, scared thinking what if she fails him.

She wanted to make him proud. She will give her bestest but she won't let him down. If he trusts her and believes that she can do this then she will trust him and won't let his effort go in vain.

Preet was making a list of ingredients that she needed, sitting on the dining table while Veer was cleaning the kitchen counter. They were generally discussing  the business which mostly involves Veer giving advice and ideas to her for the better running of the business.  She sure has a benefit of having him as her biggest support and guide in the whole process and day to day activities. His businessman mind is coming handy to her. Having such an intelligent and sharp businessman, she didn't need anyone for an assistant and help from outside. He is enough for her and her business.

If her business ever reaches the height of success then only he would be the main reason behind it.

Suddenly Preet ran inside the kitchen making Veer's look at her. She bent into the sink, throwing up everything she had in her dinner. Veer rushed to her and held her shoulder seeing her swaying in her place.

"Preet!? What happened? Are you okay?" he asked worriedly, caressing her shoulder softly.

She again felt nausea and her stomach twisted painfully before she felt bile rising to her throat. She leaned down and again threw up and  felt her body shaking with the impact of vomiting.

"It's fine, Love," Veer said softly, holding her hair strands back and rubbing her back lightly while she was puking her guts out.

Her eyes turn teary due to the intense throwing up. She sighs tiredly and leans against Veer.

"I. I W..ater..r," she muttered in her broken voice, feeling her throat choked and heavy.

Veer nodded and made her sit on the chair before giving a glass of water. She gulped the water after washing her mouth.

Letting out a weak sigh, she put her weight on Veer not having any strength in her body.

Seeing her pale face, Veer got worried. He picked her up in his arms and walked to their room without exchanging any words.