57.

Looking at the screen, tears formed in Preet's eyes in happiness. Veer held her hand firmly and kissed her temple softly. His lips curved in a beautiful and affectionate smile as they were looking at their baby on the ultrasound screen. 

"Your baby is absolutely healthy, dear. Perfectly grown for a 22 weeks baby. You see those tiny legs and arms, huh?" the doctor said pointing on the screen. 

Preet chuckle bobbling her head and look at Veer,

"Our baby, Veer…" she whispered emotionally.

"Yup, our baby," he said as his gaze was fixed on the little baby structure on the screen. 

The bliss they are feeling right now is out of the world. They still can't believe and still get overwhelmed that a cute little human is going to come into their life soon. The feeling of carrying a little part of your and your love is so surreal and beautiful.

"Wait a second,…goodness!!" Suddenly the doctor exclaimed and gasped looking at the screen. 

Preet's body froze in panic while Veer felt his heart suddenly drop in fear. 

"Now you have to be more careful of your health, Preet. It's not going to be easy for you both, you know right? " Veer nodded while Preet gulped in anxiety.

After some time they come out of the doctor's cabin. Veer helped her to sit on the chair in the waiting room. 

"You okay, Preet?" He gently held her hands in his to provide her the comfort she needed. She looked at their intertwined hands. 

Letting out a shaky breath, she looked up with tears glistening in her eyes. She leaned against his chest and broke down into tears. Veer wraps his arms around her and kisses her head gently a few times. 

"Don't worry Preet, everything will be okay," her sob now turned into sniffing and hiccups.

"How will we manage Veer?" she asked in her broken voice. 

"I am here na, love. We both are together in this. Everything happens for a reason, Preet. And why are you thinking negatively, huh? It's such a beautiful surprise, isn't it? We will have double happiness. God truths us and loves us, that's why he blesses us with two babies. We should be happy and thank the almighty for such a beautiful blessing," He lovingly said with a big smile on his face. He is genuinely happy with the surprising news that they get to know today. 

She nodded but she is still overwhelmed and emotional at the surprise they got today.

She looks at her baby bump and softly caresses it lovingly. An affectionate smile formed on her face. Again she looks up at Veer, who has a charming smile on his face.

"Ready for the double trouble, Papa Veer," she said, grinning with tears to which he chuckled softly and kissed her forehead lightly.

"Super ready!"

They are having twins. Two babies together. She is carrying two cute little humans in her womb. 

That's why her baby bump is always bigger than a normal pregnant woman. Viddhi, who is Riddhi's mother, is right now 8 months pregnant and has the same size of baby bump as her 5 months bump.

"Let's go home then," she snapped out of her thought and nodded.  

Taking her hands in his, Veer helped her to stand up and started walking out of the hospital with his arms gently wrapped around her waist.

"You are so bad, Veer. I won't talk to you. Stay away from me. I was literally begging but you heartless husband, don't you feel sad for me. Those sugary cotton candies were calling me but you!!Stupid! I am so angry… go go away," Veer rolled his eyes seeing her glaring at him with an angry pout on her cute face.