55.

"Veer, did you call the delivery truck? We have to deliver the food in 3 hours," Preet shouted from the kitchen while she was packing food in disposable boxes.

"They are on the way! Is everything ready?" he said, coming into the kitchen to see the packed container piled up on the kitchen counter. And found his wife working behind the piles of boxes.

He walked near her and sighed seeing her so stressed. She looks at Veer while her hands rapidly working to close on the lids of boxes.

"Preet sit down let me do it," he said and started helping her.

"Hope everything went well. I am so worried, Veer," she said as she looked at him nervously.

"Don't worry everything will be good," he assured her and then forcefully made her sit on the chair.

They got a very huge order from one of the prestigious colleges of the city for the fest festival. They have to prepare snacks for around 1000 people. It's a big deal for them.

"Yes, Beta everything will be okay," Preet turns to a woman,who is in her early forties, smiles.

"Hope so, Radha Aunty," Preet said.

"When you have to go for the check up, Veer beta?" Roop, who is also in her forties, asked while she was placing tissue papers and cutlery in the box.

"Next week Aunty ji," she nodded as he informed her.

Preet looks around her house which is filled with women and boxes. A grateful smile was there on her face.

"Preet eat this. You didn't eat anything because of work," Preet gave a sheepish smile when a woman, of the same age of others, glared at her, placing a plate of sprouts and juice for her.

"Reema Aunty, she never listens to me. Only you can make her do things. Scold her from my side also," Veer said, placing packed boxes aside.

Preet pout cute when Reema was about to scold but she sigh seeing her innocent face.

"Don't fall for her face, Ma," comes a girly voice before a beautiful girl walks into the kitchen.

Preet narrows her eyes at her, making the girl gulp and smile nervously.

"Umm…ah, Is everything ready ladies? I have to reach college with the food in an hour,"

"Ha, Nikki everything is ready. We are just waiting for the delivery boy to come with the truck," Preet said and about to stand but the woman named Reema glared at her eye the plate and juice.

"Nikki di, see I helped Mumma in stick card," Riddi come running to them while smiling widely as she show them a packed box where she attached a thank you card.

Everyone chuckles at her while Nikki gives her a kiss on her cheek.
"Thank you Piddi!!" Nikki teases, making her pout angrily.

Riddi snapped her head toward Veer who was chuckling hearing Nikki while he and another man, who is Riddhi's father, are sticking numbers in the boxes.

"Angel, I will beat this Veeru Peeru one day then don't scold me," she said in her frustrated baby voice.

"Riddhi!! He is elder to you," Riddhi rolled her eyes when her mother scolded her lightly.

"Yes!! Viddhi di, ask this girl to respect me," Veer said, playing with her to irritate her more.

"Mamma, we will take Angel and her baby with us to our house," She said, which made everyone laugh at her.

Preet was constantly smiling while hearing them and feeling blessed to find a family in these people who were nothing but strangers to her and Veer.

"Then I will also kidnap your baby brother or baby sister when it will come," Veer smirks, making her whine and run to her mother who was sitting on the sofa.