𝑆𝘩𝑜𝑟𝑡 𝑡𝑒𝑚𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑑

pov: after having a heated argument

*:.. ..:*

you woke up from your afternoon nap. you sit up from the bed and rub the sleep from your eyes. reaching over to the nightstand, you grab your phone and read the time.

6:30 pm.

you sighed, removing the duvet from your body. you place your feet on the carpet and walk to the bathroom. your eyes darted toward the mirror seeing yourself.

messy hair.

face stained with tears.

bloodshot eyes from all the crying.

turning on the sink, you bend over and wash your face. after that, you walk back into the bedroom and grab your cell phone from the charger. making your way downstairs you spot your fiancé, jeongguk in the living room watching some series on hulu.

tears flooded your eyes remembering the argument you two had hours ago. his words fucked you up to the point where you started second-guessing his love for you.

" darling, you're awake." jeongguk snaps you out of your thoughts.

you ignored him and made your way to the kitchen. " i made us some dinner. are you hungry?" he kisses you on the cheek causing you to flinch.

" babe, why did you—" but you immediately cut him off. " i'm not hungry."

you open the fridge, taking out some leftover fruit salad from last night. " you just said you're not hungry."

" l-leave me alone, gguk. p-please just leave me alone." you brought your hands forward so he could back off.

" no, if you're not hungry then put the fruit salad back in the fridge." he moves closer to you, invading your space.

" why did you say those things?" you couldn't help but ask him. jeongguk froze for a moment before boring his eyes into yours. " huh, gguk? why did you say those hurtful words to me?" you push him in the chest gently.

jeongguk's eyes begin to sting. " it was unintended, babe. i'm sorry."
" nono, you're not!" you choke on your sobs.

" i am. i truly am and i am fucking sorry, love. i'm even disgusted with myself for those sentences that escaped from my mouth. i never meant it to happen. i was ignorant and i'm truly sorry." his chin trembled whilst cupping your cheeks.

" i-it hurt so badly." you cried, your forehead falling on his chest. " i know, darling. forgive me. forgive your ggukie." he caresses your head.

" all i did was ask a simple question and you
jus—"

" i know, babe. i was having a bad day and i just took it out on you. i'm sorry." he sighs allowing his tears to fall.

you wipe your tears with your thumb and put the bowl of fruit salad in the fridge.
" what did you make?"

" the dish we had on our first date." he smiled causing your heart to skip a few beats.

" i'm still supposed to be mad at you but it's hard when you smile like that." tears streamed down your cheeks.  jeongguk clean your face with his thumb pads and lean in pecking your lips.

" i'm so sorry, my love." he whispered against your mouth. " it's okay, gguk. next time just let me know even if you don't wanna talk, yea? i'll be your wife in just 8 months so we need to communicate with one another, regardless if we're having a rough day."

" i will, baby. i promise." he linked both your pinkies and sealed them with a kiss.

" come here," you pull him in your arms and cover his face with kisses. " how about we talk about what's been bothering you?" you suggest.

" i'd love that, baby. thank you for handling me, always." jeongguk picks you up kissing your lips.

-----

a/n: this was taken from one of my drafts. hope you liked it🤍.