55

Jiang Xu's parents picked them up at the station, and they were obviously surprised to see a man beside Jiang Xu.

"Xiao Shen?" Jiang's mother still remembered him. He was a very likable child who borrowed from usury and couldn't pay it back. She said enthusiastically, "Have you paid off the money yet?" She remembered that Shen Fangyu's hometown was also in City B, "Are you going home with Xiao Xu?"

"Thank you, uncle and aunt, for your concern." Shen Fangyu smiled and blurted out the first question. Just about to answer the second question, Jiang Xu suddenly said, "He will go back with me."

"Ah?" Mother Jiang was obviously a little surprised, but quickly recovered her tone and said, "No problem, no problem, there is a spare room at home."

"I'm sorry to bother you." Shen Fangyu said politely, but he didn't say why he wanted to live in Jiang's house.

Jiang's parents exchanged glances, and there was a subtle silence on the car home.

Jiang Xu is very busy, and he usually doesn't come back when it's not during the holidays, but suddenly, the time is so rushed, and he brought Shen Fangyu with him...

The doubts that had been eliminated before had a tendency to rise again.

It was past nine o'clock when we got home. Jiang Xu and the others had eaten in the car, and Jiang's parents had finished their dinner early. Clue.

Probably because he noticed his mother's gaze, Jiang Xu didn't wait for Jiang's mother to be confused for too long, and said straight to the point: "Dad, Mom, I came back this time to tell you something."

In the living room, Jiang's parents sat on the long sofa in the middle, while Jiang Xu and Shen Fangyu sat side by side on the old-fashioned sofa.

"What's the matter?" Jiang's mother was inexplicably flustered by Jiang Xu's prudence. She took an apple and planned to peel it. "You didn't drink any water when you came back? Eat some fruit first?"

"No, thank you Mom." Jiang Xu pursed his lips, his throat was a little dry.

Shen Fangyu calmly held Jiang Xu's hand through the cover of his clothes, probably really needed encouragement, but Jiang Xu didn't break away from him.

There was a thin layer of sweat on his palms, but his voice was calm.

"Do you still remember the man who was pregnant in country M?"

Jiang's father rubbed his hands awkwardly, and Jiang's mother looked a little nervous. The two looked at each other, and at the same time looked at Jiang Xu, and asked with some uncertain concern: "What's wrong?"

"He and I..." Jiang Xu took a deep breath slowly, and then continued: "I encountered the same accident."

"You... what do you mean?" Mother Jiang's voice trembled.

Jiang Xu lowered his head, glanced at his abdomen, and then said under Jiang's mother's staring gaze, "That's what it means."

Jiang's parents were stunned for a long time when they heard the words, as if they couldn't understand the meaning of Jiang Xu's words. After a while, Jiang's mother said in a daze: "Is what you said true, Xiao Xu? That news... that's not news ? How could it happen to you?"

Seeing Jiang Xu acquiescing, she couldn't help but glanced at Jiang Xu's abdomen, and then looked away as if she had been burned. After a while, she stood up and said in disbelief: "You are a man, Xiao Xu! How is it possible...how? Will it be like this?"

"I don't believe it." She shook her head, walked a few steps forward to pull Jiang Xu, Shen Fangyu stood up abruptly to block her, and kept Jiang Xu behind.