C H A P T E R 3

Simran awoke to an empty bed, a sense of relief washing over her

Simran awoke to an empty bed, a sense of relief washing over her. The absence of the "monster," as she fondly referred to her husband, brought her comfort. She cocooned herself in the sheets, enjoying the solitude and the warmth of the bed. Her eyes, heavy with sleep, reflected the peacefulness she felt in that moment.

However, a sudden chuckle disrupted her tranquility, and she snapped her head toward the door. There, in all his devilish glory, stood Aryan, her husband. Amusement danced in his eyes as he observed her disheveled state. Cute, adorable, and undoubtedly flustered, Simran's heart quickened as she attempted to free herself from the entangling sheets, albeit unsuccessfully.

 ''Had a good sleep amore?'' He asked in his deep voice walking to the bed. Her heart quickened the pace as she tried to wriggle out of the blanket. But it was of no use.

Aryan's hearty chuckle filled the room as he gracefully took a seat on the bed. His eyes continued to sparkle with amusement as he surveyed his "little wife." His hand skillfully navigated through the layers of sheets, gradually peeling them away. Unable to contain her curiosity, Simran blurted out a question before she could stop herself.

"Where were you last night?" The words slipped out unintentionally, and she mentally scolded herself as she caught the unmistakable smirk on Aryan's face. Attempting to rectify her slip, she opened her mouth to speak, but Aryan beat her to it.

"I have IED... I thought not to tell you, but you need this information. I can't control my anger, and I left so that I don't end up scaring you on the first night."

The blanket finally came off, and Simran hummed in response while briskly jumping from the bed. The early hour, 7 am, prompted her to head towards the bathroom. However, a firm hand wrapped around her wrist, halting her in her tracks. Glancing back, she found Aryan staring at her, a peculiar intensity in his gaze.

"I know you might have difficulty wearing a saree on the first day, but it's a tradition. Don't worry; after we move to our own mansion, you can wear anything."

With that statement, Aryan left, leaving Simran pondering the meaning behind his words. The notion of their "own mansion" left her with a sense of uncertainty. She didn't fancy the idea of living alone with him and decided to seek clarification from Siya or Arushi later in the day.

**********

The clock struck 8 in the morning as Vivaan stood before the mirror, fully ready for the office. The soft sounds of his wife's breathing confirmed her presence, sitting comfortably on the bed, ogling at him. Vivaan found amusement in watching her gaze fixed on him, appreciating the attention.

"Where is Simran?" he inquired, noticing Siya's wide grin. Though slightly unnerving, Vivaan enjoyed the unusual display of affection. Fumbling with his tie, he welcomed Siya's intervention as she expertly took charge of fixing it.

''She is in the kitchen. When she entered the kitchen in the morning it was so amusing to see her struggling with sari. Arushi then helped her. The little girl didn't even know how to turn on the stove. And it was adorable of her as she padded around in the kitchen trying to help us even though she had no idea about cooking.''

Siya looked at him and was shocked to see a small smile on his lips. To vivaan it was a sight to watch his wife and ramble and another thing to hear about the little new member of the family doing her work. The first time he saw her he felt a need to protect her. She was so cute and little probably hardly reaching his chest.

Both looked at each other. The proximity was so less. Their breaths mixed with each other. He felt himself drowning in her eyes. But a ring of his phone pulled him out of the trance. Siya quickly pulled away from him. Her breaths a bit heavy. Vivaan sighed moving out of the room.

*********

''Ohh my gosh she is so cute and adorable....''

Shock would be medicore to say to what arushi was feeling now. She stared in complete shock at her once Stoic emotionless husband gushing over the little new member pacing in the kitchen. Both husband and wife were staring at her from outside three kitchen.

"Are you okay? Do you have a fever?" she asked, placing her hand on Ayansh's forehead. Ayansh, having always wished for a sister, was relishing the fulfillment of that desire with Simran. Despite his discontent with the marriage, he couldn't deny the joy of having her as part of the family.

Ayansh, peeling his eyes away from Simran, leaned against the wall with arms crossed. Arushi, undeterred by his nonchalant response, made a straightforward demand.

"I need your credit card."

Raising an eyebrow, Ayansh acknowledged her right to it. Tauntingly, he remarked, "I thought you earned money—sorry, white money—and wouldn't use our black money, Mrs. Singhania," cocking an eyebrow in jest.

Arushi, sporting a sinister smirk, retorted, "Oh, yeah, I earn money. But today, I'm in a good mood and want to go shopping with my girl gang. I feel like ending your black money." Despite her innocent facade, Ayansh could see through her playful intentions.

While he begrudgingly pulled out his wallet, she smacked her red lips together, a wide smile playing on her face. With a seductive whisper, she added, "But I don't think you have a problem with it," leaning in closely. Ayansh, usually composed, couldn't deny the impact of her move, evidenced by the visible gulp and the undeniable hardness in his pants.

The playful banter left an air of tension and excitement, marking the beginning of a day filled with unexpected twists in the lives of these intertwined characters.