C H A P T E R 9

"Don't you think it's looking stupid with all the guards around?" Simran softly asked Aryan as she stood beside him. The three couples had gone to a temple at the insistence of Siya. They were surrounded by guards on all sides, and to be honest, Simran was a bit terrified of the whole badass look of the guards.

Siya and Arushi chuckled at hearing her. "You will get used to it, sweety," Siya said, looking around and giving a polite smile to the guards. "Yeah, now let's go and get some flowers." Arushi pulled Simran with her, and the three of them moved to the nearby stalls.

Siya was dressed in a pink sari, which was matched with the pink kurta Vivian was wearing. It had taken a lot of effort for Siya to make him wear that.

 Arushi was dressed in a yellow sari and all that she did was give Ayansh a look that made him wear a matching kurta

On the other hand, simran was wearing an off-white colored salwar. But what shocked them was that Aryan was wearing a kurta, he never wore anything traditional even on festivals. "You wore a kurta?" ayanshh feigned surprise by gasping looking at him up and down.

 "You wore a kurta?" ayanshh feigned surprise by gasping looking at him up and down

Aryan glanced at him and gave him a dirty look, to which Ayansh flipped him off. "Ahh..." Ayansh groaned as a smack was landed on his head by Vivian. "I am not a kid, Bhaiya. You can't just hit me like this." Aryan snickered at him, murmuring, "Anyone could confuse you for a teenage hormonal brat, bro."

Even Vivaan couldn't contain his laughter. Ayansh looked at both of his brothers in fake hurt and betrayal but stopped once he found Aryan smiling. He never fully smiled at them. Maybe with Siya and Simran, he would smile a little, but never with them. Even Vivian stopped to see him smile.

"Be careful, siya," Vivian warned her. Siya stopped abruptly and looked at him. She was on the fourth step of the stairs. Vivaan climbed up to her. She was confused. He bent down, making her more confused. Vivaan looked at her and narrowed his eyes, pointing towards her leg. She looked down and bit her tongue, giving him a sheepish smile.

She was standing on the end of her sari. Vivaan held her leg, making the passerby stop and glance at him in surprise. He was a well-known man; everyone knew him, but he was unbothered. He helped her step away and lifted the sari, holding it. "Now walk," he said, still holding the sari.

Siya tried to remove the sari from his hand, but he gave her a look that made her mom laugh. She sighed and continued climbing the stairs, with Vivian following her and holding the end of her sari.

The way Simran was walking, it was clearly shown that she would fall anytime soon. She was not comfortable with a sari and therefore chose to wear a salwar, but still, she was clumsy as fuck. The plate in her hand was tumbling, and she was having a hard time carrying the heavy plate and climbing the stairs.

Just as she was about to fall, a hand wrapped around her waist, holding her. She glanced at Aryan, who was holding her. He gave her a disapproving look. "Watch how you walk, Simran." He sternly said, "You are clumsy as fuck, Amore." His voice softened, but still, it was cold. He took the plate from her hand.

"Areey... Simran was about to protest but stopped seeing Aryan's glare. "Come with me," Aryan said as he walked in front of her, with Simran following him and walking slowly.

"Shit dude!" Arushi exclaimed as the candle was about to be extinguished. Before she could do anything, the fire was gone. She gasped. She was not someone who believed in this, but I meant a lot to Siya. Seeing her panicking, the priest smiled. "It's okay, Beta. The puja has not yet started. Light it up again."

Getting relieved, Arushi smiled, nodding her head. She took the matchbox and stroked the matchstick. She held the burning stick on the candle wick. Before she could cover it on the other side, a hand was placed on it. She looked up and saw Ayansh. A stubbled smile came to her face. They were eventually warming up to each other.

He gave her a nod and watched as the candle burned. It was surely burning slightly on their hands, but it was not enough for them to break eye contact.

The pooja was started. The three couples were sitting with Vivian and Siya in the middle. It was eventful to see the richest businessman and his brothers over there. People were not allowed to enter, though. The priest looked at them and smiled. He has seen the way each of them helped their wives.

Each of them had a different personality. Vivaan wanted to support Siya by being behind her and pushing her from behind while watching her succeed. Ayansh wanted to be beside Arushi in every step she took, pushing her to the edge of her boundaries and bringing the best out of her. Whereas Aryan wanted to be in front of her and lead her to success, he wanted her to follow him and climb him like a ladder to her success.

The six of them placed their hands on top of each other while the priest chanted words, put a flower on top of their hand, and poured holy water from above it.