C H A P T E R 10

It was 10 a.m. in the morning. The mansion was quiet and soothing. Simran was roaming in the garden. Siya had gone to her parents's house, whereas Arushi had some issues with the NGOs, for which she had to leave early. Aryan was out doing some dangerous work that he would term it as.

Simran was getting bored, and she thought to explore the garden. What could go wrong with that? But she didn't know the singhaniyas had threats lingering at every point of their lives. She was busy admiring the flowers, knowing well that Vivian and Ayansh were inside the house office, and she was safe, or so she thought.

What she didn't know was that a masked man was standing outside the courtyard wall, pointing his gun through a small hole in the wall. He was hired to threaten the family or perhaps kill one of them. Nobody knew who Simran was. She was not even introduced yet.

Simran skipped around the garden, smiling and admiring the greenery. The man itched a bit. His fingers were tapping on the trigger, waiting for a chance to shoot. And when he was standing still, he took the opportunity and fired.

Simran was startled as she heard the voice. She flinched back and fell to the ground. An unbearable pain shot through her arms. She looked at her arms and was horrified to see a bullet wound. The bullet grazed through her arm. She screamed loudly.

******

"Damn, the Mehras are getting on my nerves," Ayansh exclaimed as he sat in front of his brother in his office. The office was well polished and decorated, giving off rich and intimidating vibes. Vivaan sat behind the table on his chair, going through files.

He sighed, signing a file. "Tolerate them for a week. Once the term of the deal is terminated, we don't have to tolerate them. Okay?" Ayansh sighed, nodding his head and leaning on the chair. His phone pinged with a message. He opened it, and within seconds he cringed. Vivaan noticed his expression.

"What happened?" Ayansh looked at him and sighed, looking at his phone in disapproval. "Arushi went shopping after her work. She is sending me photos." Vivaan nodded in acknowledgment.

"So what's with the expression?"

"Bikin shopping, Bhaiya. Bikini...and she is sending me fucking photos." Vivaan's eyes widen as he gulps, looking away. "Too much info, Ayansh."

Arushi: How's the bikini?

Arushi: Does it suit me?

Ayansh: You seriously know how to test my fucking patience, Mrs. Singhaniya.

Arushi: Oh, huh, are you a hard husband?

Ayansh's eyes widen in amusement. He looked up to see his brother talking on the phone. A small smile lingered on his face. He was surely on the phone with Siya. And, to be honest, Ayansh was hard. The photo of Arushi in a fucking black bikini sent shivers across his whole body, making him damn hard.

"Hello..." Vivian answered the phone, looking at his brother, who was texting Arushi. A shuffle was heard on the other side. "Hey..." Soon enough, he was answered by the sweet voice of his wife.

"yes?"

"What are you doing?"

"Going through some files."

"Where are Ayansh, Simran, and Aryan?"

"Ayansh is sitting in front of me chatting with Arushi; Aryan has gone out for some work, whereas Simran is perhaps exploring the mansion and garden."

"Ohh.."

"Just, oh, huh, you inquired about everybody but not about me. Is that how you treat your husband, siya?"

Siya bit her lips and fiddled with her fingers. "So, how are you?"

"I am doing good. Come back before night."

"Why do you miss me?"

"Uhh yeah..."

Before he could say anything, he heard a piercing scream. Both brothers looked at each other with wide eyes. "Siya, I will call you later."

Before hearing her reply, he cut the call. Both of them rushed to the garden and found Simran sobbing, cradling her injured hand. They immediately sprinted to her, followed by the guards who had come there.

"Simran," Ayansh said as he held her hand softly. "Ohh sh*t, it's a bullet wound." Vivian froze and looked around, spotting a gun being retracted from a hole. "Go find that bastard." He shouted to the guards. He looked at Simran, sobbing, and his heart clenched.

He immediately picked her up and rushed inside with Ayansh, calling their personal doctor.

"It's okay. The wound would heal in a few days, but don't stress on the hand much, okay?" the young doctor in his mid-twenties said and then lovingly patted her head. Simran gulped, nodding yes. Her face was still streaked with dried tears.

*****

"Thanks for coming, Vishal," Vivian said as he glanced at Simran and Ayansh, who were sitting beside her and rubbing her uninjured hand. Vishal smiled. "Anything for this cutie..." Vivian thanked him and escorted him outside.

After coming inside, his eyes met with the fear-stricken eyes of Simran. He felt sorry. "Have you called Aryan?" Ayansh nodded in yes. Vivaan went and sat on the other side of the bed beside Simran. And in an instinctive way, Simran scooted closer to him. She was holding Ayansh's hand. She was sobbing sloightly and sniffling.

Vivaan sighed as he caressed her hair. "It was so sc...scary, bha..bhaiya." She hiccupped as she continued to speak.

"I am sorry, Simran... I am so sorry. But I promise it will never happen again, and we will punish the person."

The door opened with a thud, and Aryan spun inside, followed by Arushi and Siya. Ayansh stood up as Aryan dropped to the bed beside her. He cupped her face, checked her hand, and then pulled her in a hug carefully to not hurt her hand. "Fuck fuck. Are you okay, baby girl? I was so scared."

Simran closed her eyes, nodding in agreement as she fisted his shirt in her small hands. She felt him shaking a bit, perhaps in anger or sadness.

Ayansh felt a hand slide into his hand as he looked towards Arushi. She was looking at Simran with a hint of fear. He sighed and squeezed her hand in reassurance. Arushi looked at him, biting her lips in nervousness. Ayansh smiled lightly, rubbing his thumb on her hand.

Vivaan held Siya, who was looking scared and sorry for Simran. Siya looked at him with tear-filled eyes. "Things could have been so bad, Vivian." Her voice was shaky. Vivaan sighed and hugged her. He placed a kiss on the top of her head, and she leaned into him. He looked at Aryan.

Aryan looked at him. He was burning with rage. His darkened eyes proved how pissed he was. Vivaan just nodded his head. The man was caught and was in the basement. He was soon going to witness hell.