C H A P T E R 4

"What do you mean by not holding a reception? The youngest Singhaniya son has gotten married, and there will be no reception

"What do you mean by not holding a reception? The youngest Singhaniya son has gotten married, and there will be no reception. This is ridiculous, Vivaan."

Gayatri raged, breathing heavily. First, she was disappointed in not being able to choose a bride for her youngest grandson, and now her eldest grandson was making seemingly arbitrary decisions. Tasha was about to say something, but Vivaan held out his hand, signaling her to stop.

That was the power he wielded—everybody was bound to listen to him. "Dadi, I know it is important for the reception to happen, but Simran is just 19 years old. Introducing her to everybody will paint a target on her back."

He paused, glancing at Simran, who stood there quietly. She appeared timid and small, seemingly ready to be devoured by their enemies. Vivaan couldn't risk her life. Sighing, he sat beside Gayatri, holding her hand.

"Please, Dadi, understand the situation. She is not ready yet to be introduced to this world." Gayatri sighed and nodded slightly. "So, tell me what you want to do with her?"

Vivaan looked at Simran and then replied without making eye contact with Gayatri. "Let us move to our house, and she can get accustomed to it. Then we can hold a reception party for them."

Gayatri sighed and kept quiet for a moment. She looked at the timid Simran, who was gazing at her. Simran's innocent face was easy to read, but the fire in her eyes hinted at a different story.

"Ok... I don't think I can go against your order. Do as you wish." Saying this, Gayatri stood up and left the living room. Tasha glanced at Vivaan disapprovingly. "I should have known, Vivaan, that you never loved Aryan as your own brother. He was always the st..."

Vivek roughly held Tasha's hand, making her stop. Giving a sympathetic look to Vivaan, he pulled Tasha away with him. Simran observed Vivaan, trying to read his emotions, but he held a stoic face. His entire countenance was blank and cold.

Simran was about to say something, but Vivaan left, leaving her feeling melancholic. She sighed and looked around, feeling a sense of boredom settling in.

****

"Ayansh..." a slurred voice called out. Arushi looked up from the bag she was packing to return to their mansion. She scrunched her nose as she recognized the voice.

"Fucking bitch..." Arushi pulled out the end of her sari, tucked at her waist, and walked out of the room. Lines of curses left her mouth as she kept her eyes searching for somebody, and there she was. A girl wearing a short little skirt and a tight crop top, enhancing her fake assets.

Her face caked with makeup, the bitchy look clearly evident in her figure. "Shanaya... Ayansh is not here..." Arushi stood in front of her with her arms crossed, utterly fed up with the behavior of the unwelcome visitor. Shanaya looked at her in annoyance.

"What do you want, Arushi? I seriously don't have time for you now... I want to meet Ayansh..."

"Dude, shut up... I am telling you, Ayansh is not here..." Arushi's voice cracked as she felt a hand wrap around her waist. She closed her eyes tightly and sighed. Tilting her head, she saw a smirking Ayansh. "You seriously have the worst timing, Ayansh."

Ayansh chuckled and looked at Shanaya. "What are you doing here, Shanaya? Maine kaha tha na ki mere ghar kabhi mat ana." His voice was stoic and cold. "Par Ayansh..." Shanaya was cut off by a tsk sound made by Ayansh.

"Cut the crap, Shanaya, and move out from here right now." The anger in Ayansh's voice made Shanaya cower away. She glared at Arushi, who happily ignored her and left. Ayansh turned to Arushi and was about to say something when she interrupted him by showing her hand.

"Don't bring these bitches here... Dadi ne dekh liya hota toh..." The sentence was left incomplete, and there was no need to finish it. Ayansh knew what the consequences would have been.

*****

Siya stood at the threshold of the guest room, observing a frustrated Aryan. His whole composure revealed his inner turmoil. Peeking from the blanket that covered him, he cast a glance at Siya and then groaned, finding her smiling.

Giggling, Siya walked inside. It was quite a sight to witness the formidable Aryan Singhania groaning like a child. "What happened, Aru?" Her fingers delicately threaded through his hair, offering a soothing touch. A deep sigh escaped him as he removed the blanket.

"Simran is terrified, Bhai is furious, Dadi is... I don't even know what she's up to. And don't even get me started on Mamma-Papa..." He groaned again. "What am I supposed to do?"

"You should have thought before marrying her, Aru. She's still a child, and bringing her into this family might be the biggest mistake. Vivaan has the right to be angry; after all, he played the father figure in your life." Siya paused, looking at Aryan.

He listened intently. A soft smile appeared on her face. Despite his rebellious, arrogant, and rude demeanor toward others, he held a deep affection for her. She was the one closest to him, having witnessed every phase of his life. Her love for him was a mix of an elder sister, a mother, and at times, a friend.

"So, what should I do, Bhabhi?"

"Try to make everything right. Convince Vivaan that you are responsible, and assure Simran that this marriage isn't her worst nightmare—that it can work. Instead of displaying your obsession, show her your genuine love."