Late Night Visits

"Goodnight, sweetheart!" Rory's parents said in unison from downstairs where they were watching tv in the living room

"Night!" Rory yelled before closing the door behind her, entering her bedroom.

"Don't you look cute in ur pjs."

Rory gasped when she heard that familiar voice, turning around to see Stu laying comfortably on her bed. In grey sweats and a white t-shirt, making his presence known. He was against the headboard with a teddy bear in his arms.

"Stu!" She whisper-yelled, looking down at the clothes she was wearing; pink pajama shorts and an oversized white tee. "I thought I told you to stop doing that. You almost gave me a heart attack!" Rory said with a hand on her chest.

Stu only laughed at the girl's complaints as he got off her bed, walking towards her. "It's always funny scaring you, princess."

"Shut up." Rory softly laughed, ignoring the nicknames he's so used to him calling her by. "What are you even doing here? It's late, you know?"

"Just wanted to see you is all." Stu smiled down at her, inching closer, unnoticed by the girl in front of him.

"Why? Something happen today?" The brunette tilted her head.

It wasn't unusual for Stu to sneak into her bedroom. The boy was always popping up or having dinner with her and her parents. Her parents just didn't know about the late night visits because they always have her leave the bedroom door open when the two friends go upstairs to hang out.

"No, silly. Does something have to happen for me to visit my best girl?" Stu happily asked towering over her.

Rory tried to hide the blush sneaking onto her cheeks at his question. She came back to reality, avoiding his stare. "Alright, Stu. It's late and we have school tomorrow. You should go before my parents come upstairs."

"Oh come on, Rory, I just wanted to talk. Besides, your parents love me." Stu boasted at his last comment. It was true. The Bloom parents liked Stu and his goofy personality. They liked him a lot better than Billy, that's for sure.

Rory only laughed at Stu's comment. "Alright, what did you wanna talk about then?" She walked over and sat down on the edge of her bed with Stu following after her doing the same.

"Mmm. Well...." Stu thought for a moment.

"You have nothing to talk about." Rory laughed lightly with a amused expression.

"Okay, okay, okay. You got me. I have nothing to talk about. I just missed your presence, Ror." Stu looked down at her brown eyes. Stu could stare into her pool of brown eyes for eternity if he could. He absolutely adores the girl, he just wishes she'd notice.

Rory never noticed the loving glances Stu sent her way or the way he spoke so highly of her. In her mind she thinks he only sees her as a friend and it doesn't help that he's with Tatum either. Rory cares for Stu Macher, but she isn't a home wrecker and she would never interfere with her best friend's relationship.

"Stuey, you saw me yesterday." The girl giggled.

"I know and it's been a torturous twenty-four hours." Stu whined throwing his hands up.

"Shhhh!" Rory whispered-yelled. "My parents will hear you."

"Okay, okay. Didn't you miss me?" Stu asked with a raised brow and sly grin.

"Of course, Stu, because without you I can't breathe." Rory sarcastically said, rolling her eyes.

"Really?" The boy happily asked.

"I was being sarcastic."

"Hey. That's mean." Stu pouted.

"Oh, boo hoo. Did I hurt your feelings, Stuey?" She mocked him with a teasing smile.

"Yes and you should apologize." Stu continued to act as if she actually hurt his feelings.

"And if I don't?" Rory taunted.

Stu leaned in closer with mischief forming in his eyes. A small smirk on his lips, his voice lowering to a whisper, "You'll regret it."

Before Rory could answer back, Stu towered over her and started tickling her sides, knowing every single one of her weak spots. The girl was trying to stifle her laughter afraid she might alert her parents.

"Stu! Stu, please stop." She said between small giggles that escaped her mouth.

"No, no, you gotta apologize first, princess." Stu taunted with a small amount of arrogance. He hovered over her as he continued to tickle her sides.

"Never." She giggled. Tears starting to pool in her eyes from her laughter.

"Alrighty, then I guess I can't stop." Stu continued.

After a few more seconds, Rory caved, feeling like she was running out of breath with how much she was trying to contain her laughter. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry."

"What was that?" Stu cupped his ear like he didn't hear.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm so sorry. Now please stop." The girl laughed while he kept poking at her sides.

Stu stopped but kept his body hovering above hers with her back still on the bed. "I told you, you would regret it." He laughed with a cocky grin.

"Yea, yea." Rory finally caught her breath before looking up at Stu.

The two looked into each other's eyes and it felt like everything around them disappeared. Rory loved Stu's blue eyes, it reminded her of the ocean. She never liked eye contact much, but with him, she always enjoyed looking into his beautiful blue eyes.

But Rory knew she couldn't act on her feelings towards her best friend. He would reject her and say he's with Tatum. So she cleared her throat and lightly shoved Stu, so he could get up.

Stu frowned, but quickly replaced it with a small smile. Getting up heading towards the window. "I'll see you tomorrow, Rory."

"See you tomorrow." Rory said.

Before leaving, Stu engulfed her in a hug, something he always does when given the opportunity. "Goodnight."

"Night, Stu." She softly laughed against his chest as she returned the hug. One of Rory's favorite things.

Stu finally let go and climbed out the girl's window, waving goodbye with a big toothy smile. There was no doubt in his mind that him and his partner in crime need to start their plan.

🍄
First chapter done!!! Lemme know how u guys liked it  and what u want in future chapters :))) Please don't judge the book by the first chapter😭. I promise I get more detailed in the other chapters.