Favorite Day

Stu Macher's room was like any other guy's room

Stu Macher's room was like any other guy's room. It was big and had a queen-sized bed with black bed sheets against the middle of the wall with brown nightstands on each side. The walls were littered with band and slasher film posters. A tv on top of a drawer a few feet from in front of his bed. Rory's nose filled with cologne and saw some clothes scattered near the open closet door. The lamp on the nightstand sets a dim light in the room.

"Sorry, it's messy."

Rory glanced back at Stu and smiled, "You know I don't mind." As she kept looking around she saw a frame on his nightstand and walked towards it. When she picked it up her smile only grew. "Where'd you get this photo?" She turned towards Stu who looked at the frame in her hands and grinned.

"Your mom gave it to me actually."

Rory kept staring at the photo that was her and Stu dressed nicely standing in her living room posing for the camera her mother was taking. They went to their 8th-grade dance together as friends back then. Stu had his arm around her waist gazing at the girl with a smile on his face, while Rory was smiling at the camera, oblivious to the boy staring at her with heart eyes. Even now she couldn't see how the boy is still in love with her. She snapped out of the memory and said, "I remember that day and how surprisingly I had a good time at a school dance."

"Remember when Meeks tripped over nothing and spilled punch all over Becky's dress." Stu walked closer to the girl.

Rory laughed, "Yeah. She was so embarrassed she left crying. Not like she didn't deserve it though. She was and still is a bitch."

Stu chuckled at the girl's distaste for Becky. She set the frame back where it once was and said, "It is cute though."

"What is?"

Rory smirked saying, "How that photo is the only frame you have in your room and how's it right next to your bed." She saw Stu's amused face and continued sarcastically this time, "I'm honored, Stu."

Stu towered over the girl like he always did and said, "Well, it's my favorite day. Why wouldn't I frame it?" Stu didn't care for framing pictures of family and friends, but he wanted the one of him and Rory to be framed. He wants to see her right next to his bed when he wakes up and before he goes to sleep. He didn't want meaningless people littered around his room, no, he only wanted Rory.

"Why's it your favorite day?"

Rory snapped him out of his thoughts with that question. He smiled and answered, "Because I got to dance with my princess all night."

The brunette girl looked down to hide how flustered her face got. She tried to ignore the blush while she said, "We should probably head downstairs. I'm sure Weathers is gone by now."

Rory went to walk towards the door before Stu gently grabbed ahold of her forearm pulling her back. "Wait. I umm, I have to tell you something."

Rory finally noticed how jittery he looked. How his face was determined, but slightly nervous and she had no clue why. She tilted her head in confusion for him to continue. Stu still had a hold of her forearm while he asked, "Do you remember the first time we met?"