Ask Away Meeks

The next day, Rory went to the video store after school

The next day, Rory went to the video store after school. When she walked in she saw Randy putting films away. She snuck up behind him, putting her hands on his shoulders.

"Boo!"

"Ah!" Randy turned around and saw his giggling. "Jesus, Rory. You scared the crap out of me."

"Oh, lighten up, Ray. I'm only prepping you to be more aware of your surroundings." The brunette teased after laughing.

"Ha ha. What'ya doing here anyway?" Randy rolled his eyes, even though a small smile tugged at his lips.

"What? Is it a crime to wanna see my friend?" Rory tilted her head, looking at the boy in front of her.

Randy tried to hide the blush after the girl's comment. He distracted himself by continuing to put the films on the shelves. "No, it's not, I guess."

Rory peaking over his shoulder saw the movie she came looking for. Randy was a mess trying to keep his composure with the girl only inches from his face.

"Oh! There it is." Rory grabbed the film from the shelf over Randy's body.

He cleared his throat and turned to face the girl. "So, you came for Halloween. What happened to wanting to see me?"

"I did come to see you, the movie is just a plus." Rory laughed lightly, heading towards the counter to pay with Randy following behind her.

Rory was reaching for her wallet in her backpack when Randy stopped her. "No, Ror. It's cool."

"What? No, Randy, you always let me off the hook. Lemme pay just once." Rory insisted.

"Nah, it's cool. You know I don't mind, just don't tell my manager." Randy laughed handing the movie to her.

Rory put the film in her bag before saying, "Randy, have I ever told you how amazing you are?"

"Well—umm, no?" The boy stuttered. Suddenly feeling his face grow hot.

"Well, in that case. You, Randy Meeks, are the best boy I know." Rory exclaimed.

Randy only laughed trying to hide his blush yet again. "Well thanks. I've actually been meaning to ask you, or I mean if you want..."

"Want to what?" Rory gave him her full attention.

"Well, if you wanted to ha-"

"Hey, good looking!"

Stu interrupted as he came from behind Rory, resting his chin on her  shoulder. "What you guy's talking bout?"

"Randy was going to ask me something, before you interrupted, Stu." Rory said glancing at Stu who was still hovering behind her.

"Oh? My bad. Ask away, Meeks." Stu teased. His arms wrapping around the girls stomach.

Randy cleared his throat looking at the tall athlete hugging Rory from behind. Feeling his confidence just flicker away now that Stu's there. "Nah, it's cool. I'll tell you next time."

"You sure?" Rory asked.

"Yeah, see you at school tomorrow." Randy said, trying to hide his disappointment.

"Alright." Rory got out of Stu's arms and headed towards the door before saying, "See you both tomorrow. Oh, and thanks again, Randy. I owe you one."

Randy and Stu waved goodbye, watching the Rory leave the store. Stu turned to face the boy in front of him and smiled menacingly.

Randy seemed to notice. "What?"

"Why does she owe you one? Hmm?" Stu asked curiously.

"I didn't charge her for the movie is all." Randy shrugged his shoulders.

"Aww, well isn't that sweet of you, Meeks." Stu said, trying to hide his bitterness. "You got a crush on her or something?"

"Wh-what?" Randy choked out.

"I asked if you have a thing for Rory." Stu towered over the boy. "Do you?"

"What? No, I mean....you think she'd go for me?" Randy asked his friend.

Stu clenched his jaw, glaring at Randy, but just as fast as it appeared he started laughing. "No, no, I don't."

Randy only frowned. "Whatever man, it's nothing."

Stu took a lollipop from the jar on the counter. "You're right, it is nothing." He popped the candy in his mouth before saying, "See ya tomorrow, Meeks."

Randy watched Stu leave and was left upset at the fact Stu interrupted his attempt at asking Rory out and then humiliates him at the idea of him having a thing for the girl.