Avoiding

It's been three days since Billy and Rory kissed and the girl has been avoiding the boy like the plague

It's been three days since Billy and Rory kissed and the girl has been avoiding the boy like the plague. She didn't want to see him because she still felt guilty and felt like a bad friend to Sidney. She was heading to the library for lunch. For the past three days, Rory has been spending her lunch period in the library, so she didn't have to see Billy. She made up an excuse telling her friends she's been studying for an upcoming math test.

She was about to head into the library doors when someone grabbed her wrist and dragged her to an empty classroom nearby. She didn't look up to see who it was as she was trying to get free from their grasp, "Hey!"

The person let go as they closed the door. "Relax. It's just me."

Rory looked up and saw the brunette boy she's been trying to avoid. Her eyes widened and she gently pulled her wrist from his grasp, looking anywhere but him. "Oh. Well, I-I have to go study, so I'll see you later."

Before she could make one step forward, Billy stood in front of the girl with a frustrated look, "Really? You'll see me later?" Rory just quickly nodded her head looking at the door. Billy sighed and said, "Rory, you've been avoiding me for three days now and I wanna know why."

Rory knew he would eventually confront her, but she didn't want to face the truth. She tried to stay calm and said, "I've just been busy with studying is all."

That seemed to only add to the boy's anger. "I know there's no math test, Rory."

The brunette girl froze and tried to think of what to say, but her mind went blank. So she did the only thing she could do and tried to quickly leave the room, but Billy grabbed her forearm making the girl look at him with wide eyes. "Look, you may be able to forget about the kiss, but I can't." Rory was surprised by his words and just stared at him like a deer caught in headlights. "Please, just tell me what I did wrong." The boy pleaded.

Billy had been a mess the past three days. He was upset that Rory was avoiding him, but hanging out with the rest of the friend group. His jealousy and anger were as clear as day. Stu would always bring it up at lunch since Sidney, Tatum, and Randy were steering clear from the duo because of the blondes' breakup and Sid and Billy not speaking--Randy was just secretly afraid of the two boys.

Billy walked closer and gently laid his hands on her upper arms with a begging look in his eyes, which is extremely rare to see in the boy. Rory stepped out of his hold, putting distance between the two. "You-you can't do that, Billy. I should've never let that kiss happen. You and Sidney may not be speaking at the moment, but you're not broken up and I'm a bad friend for kissing her boyfriend."

"Exactly. We're not speaking, so why is it wrong?"

"Because it is, Billy." Rory was feeling her emotions bottle up, trying to hide how she felt.

Billy slowly walked closer to the girl and asked, "Okay, so you think it's wrong, but do you regret it?" Rory was stunned by the question and didn't know what to say and after a few seconds, she just shook her head no, causing Billy to grin. "So then why do you keep avoiding me?" He gently cupped her face with his hands making her look up at him. He saw the internal struggle in her eyes. He didn't want her to feel guilt about their kiss, he didn't want her to care about what others would think. At the moment he's on the outs with Sidney and the only reason he was going to talk to the girl was for his plan. He had no feelings towards anyone, but the brunette in front of him.

"I-I don't know. Can we just drop it?" Rory begged. She didn't want to admit how she really felt.

"No, Rory. I can't just drop it, okay? Look...I enjoyed our kiss Rory and I thought something happened between us, but now I don't know because you won't even look me in the eyes." Billy turned her head to make her look into his eyes, still holding her face in his hands. "I love you, Aurora Bloom."

Rory's eyes widened, she couldn't believe what she just heard. She thought she was hearing things and that this wasn't happening, but it was. When she looked into his eyes all she saw was love and another emotion she couldn't figure out. She whispered afraid he didn't say it, "You...you love me?"

The boy only smiled at her question and gently said, "Rory, I have been in love with you since we were fifteen. You're all I think about. I love you."

Rory's emotions were going haywire. The only thing she did was smile and that was enough for Billy to lean in and kiss her. At first, Rory was stunned, but then she melted into the kiss. Kissing Billy was starting become Rory's favorite thing. That familiar feeling filled her stomach. She couldn't believe the boy she's been friends with for years is in love with her. She knew she loved him, but after a few seconds into the kiss, she pulled away with an upset look on her face. She realized Billy had a chance to make things right, but yet he still hadn't.

"What's wrong?" Billy asked confused why she pulled away.

"If you've been in love with me since we were freshmen, then why not tell me sooner? Why date Sidney?" Rory had so many questions brewing in her mind.

He seemed to be surprised she even asked, but she wanted to know the truth. "I don't know. I didn't think you felt that way toward me, so I just kept it to myself."

That wasn't enough for the brunette, which is why she asked, "Okay. Then why haven't you broken up with Sid? I already feel shitty enough I kissed you twice, but I will not be a mistress, Billy."

He walked closer, but she only stepped back. "No, no, come on. You are not a mistress, Rory."

"That didn't answer my question." Rory hugged herself anxiously waiting for his answer.

He only sighed and ran his hand through his hair, "Look. I'm going to do it, I just have stuff to figure out first."

"Like what?" Rory scoffed.

Billy was put off by her tone since she was never one to be angry, especially at him. For once, Billy Loomis didn't know what to say. He didn't think she'd asked so many questions. Rory noticed he was struggling to find an answer and sighed upset, "I'll let you figure your stuff out first, but until then just leave me alone."

Billy didn't have a chance to defend himself as the young girl stormed out of the empty classroom. "Fuck!" He flipped a desk over in anger making it loudly clash against the floor. Billy knew he had to get the plan back on track and get Rory back on his side no matter what the cost.

🍄
AHHHH! they kissed again! do u understand why rory's upset? what do u think billy's gonna do??