Check Ups

Rory was sitting across from Dewey at his desk in the police station

Rory was sitting across from Dewey at his desk in the police station. After, the police showed up at her house, Dewey drove her there for questioning. He called her parents right away and was waiting on them to pick her up.

"Aurora!"

Rory turned from her seat and saw her parents rushing into the station. Rory quickly ran to her dad crying. "Dad! Mom!"

Her parents hugged her so tight, checking her for any injuries. She only had a slight concussion from the fall and a cut along her cheek.

"Are you okay?! What happened?!" Giselle asked worried.

"That's what we're actually trying to find out, ma'am." Dewey said now standing near the family.

"Did you at least find the fucker?" Derrick asked angry. He was angry at who did this. Angry that he wasn't there to protect his daughter.

"No, sir, but we're working on that." Dewey answered.

"I'm sure you are. Are we done here?" Derrick asked.

"Yes, sir. We've asked her all we need to know. We've cleaned your house and are sending a patrol car to stay out front your house. We're doing everything we can to keep your daughter safe." Dewey told the family.

"Thank you, deputy." Giselle said.

Before the three left, Rory got of her moms hold and hugged Dewey. "Thank you." The girl whispered against his chest.

Dewey was shocked she hugged him, but he hugged her back. "No need to thank me. Was only doing my job, but if you need anything you call me, alright or tell Tatum to tell me." Dewey felt the need to help his younger sister's friend, he thought the girl was too young to be dealing with this.

"Okay." Rory said softly.

The Bloom family went out the back, so reporters wouldn't see Rory. Luckily, no one saw them and they drove back home.

***********

Once they got home it took her dad to convince her that no one was inside anymore and that no one would hurt her because he's going to protect her.

Rory was so scared, she slept in her parents room in the middle of them both. She knew it was embarrassing and she was being childish, but she was terrified to be alone. Her parents didn't mind, they knew she felt safest with them, they were just worried about her.

The next day, Rory finally explained to her parents what happened. They thought it was best she didn't go to school, plus it was a Friday and she'd have the weekend to stay home as well.

Rory was trying her best to keep it together, but every time she closed her eyes she saw that mask hovering above her with a knife in their hand. Her parents didn't go to work that day to stay home with Rory.

The girl wanted to object, but she knew she didn't want them to leave her alone. The whole morning she was by her fathers side. Wherever he walked, she was right beside him. She felt safest with him.

It was noon now and she was watching television with her dad on the couch, while her mom was making lunch for them.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door and Rory stilled in her fathers arms. She looked up at him while he told her he would get it. Rory looked out the window and saw that the patrol car was still there.

Derrick opened the door to see the all too familiar two high school boys standing on his front porch.

"Hi, Mr. Bloom!" Stu exaggeratedly waved.

"We were wondering if we could speak to Rory." Billy asked Derrick.

"I'm sorry, boys, but I don't think now is the best time." Derrick stated.

"Please, sir. We just want to see if she's okay." Stu pleaded.

"Dad? Who's at the door?" Rory stood behind her father and peaked around his shoulder. "Stu? Billy? What are you both doing here?"

"We came to check on you." Stu smiled.

"You don't have to if you don't want too, sweetheart." Derrick whispered to his daughter.

"It's okay, dad." Derrick stepped aside to let the two boys inside.

"Hi, boys!" Giselle came from the kitchen to greet the boys.

"Hi, Mrs. Bloom." The two boys said.

"I'm assuming you're here for Rory." The two boys nodded. "Well, you two can talk in her room, while I make you guys some lunch."

"With the door open." Derrick added.

"You got it, sir." Stu saluted him like a soldier would.

Rory softly laughed for the first time since the attack, which her parents noticed and smiled at. She led her two friends upstairs to her bedroom.

She walked in, leaving the door open and sat at the edge of her bed. "So what did you two wanna talk about?"

The two boys walked in her room, like they have many times before and looked at each other for a second then back at Rory.

Stu sat on the left of her, while Billy leaned against the wall in front of them.

"We wanted to say sorry for not being there for you yesterday and this morning." Stu said from beside the girl.

"Sorry? You both have nothing to be sorry for." Rory said.

Billy walked towards Rory and crouched down in front of her with his elbows on his knees, his hands resting on her knees. "But we do. We should've came over as soon as we heard you were attacked."

"We just didn't know if you'd want us around. Plus, Deputy Doofus told Tate to tell us not to bother you." Stu said annoyed at the last part.

Rory just looked down at her hands on her lap. "It's okay. Honestly, I just wanted to be alone with my parents. It's why I didn't go to school today, I didn't wanna deal with everyone asking me questions."

"How are you holding up?" Billy asked trying to get her to look at him, but she kept her eyes on her lap.

"Fine."

"Rory, we know you're not fine. How are you really doing? You can tell us." Stu softly said looking down at her.

Rory was quite for a few seconds not knowing what to say. She was a mess, but she didn't want them to know that.

Billy lifted her chin with his finger, so she could look at him in the eyes. He saw the slight cut along her cheek. "You can talk to us, princess."

She looked at his beautiful brown eyes and she instantly cracked. It's like all her feelings she was keeping bottled up exploded when she looked at him. Tears instantly pooling in her eyes.

"I'm scared." Her voiced cracked. "Every time I close my eyes I-Isee that stupid mask. And now, I don't even like to be alone anymore, because I'm terrified the killer will pop o-out from the shadows and actually kill me this time." She choked out.

Stu put his arm around her shoulder, bringing her in closer to him as she cried against his chest. "Shh. It's okay. We won't let anything happen to you, baby."

While Stu held her close, Billy held her hands. The two looked at each other and nodded. They knew they're plan was already working. Rory felt safe with the two of them, but they wanted more.