What's Your Favorite Scary Movie?

After Rory's shower to cool herself off after her interaction with Billy, she decided to watch the movie she got earlier, downstairs

Thirty minutes through the movie her parents called to check in. "Yes, mom. Don't worry, I'm perfectly fine....yes, doors and windows are locked. Mhmm. Alright, love you both. Have fun."

Rory hung up the phone, continuing to eat popcorn from the bowl on her lap. A few minutes later the phone started to ring again. Rory reached over and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Aurora."

"Who's this?"

"I don't know, you tell me."

Rory was confused as to who could be calling her. She couldn't recognize the voice, the voice was scratchy and whiny, but in an attractive way, Rory thought.

"I don't know. It's why I asked in the first place."

"Oh? Feisty, I like it. Scary night, isn't it? With the murders and all, it's like right out of a horror movie or something."

Rory laughed, thinking she had a slight clue who the person behind the call was. "Stuey, you gave yourself away. Instead of making stupid prank calls, you could've watched Halloween with me." Rory continued to stuff her face with popcorn, still watching the screen in front of her.

"Halloween? Do you like scary movies, Aurora?"

Rory stifled a laugh continuing Stu's game. "I like the thing you're doing with your voice, Stu. It's cool."

"What's your favorite scary movie?"

"Oh, come on. You know it's hard for me to choose. I love them all."

"Well, if you had to choose, what would you pick?"

"Mmm. Maybe, Halloween or Texas Chainsaw Massacre. But you should already know this, Stuart. I'm hurt." The girl teased.

"Maybe that's because I'm not Stu."

Rory stilled at that last comment. She wanted to assume it was still Stu on the line playing a funny joke, but her gut was telling her otherwise. She stood up and peaked her head to double check if the door was locked, it was.

"So, who are you?"

"The question isn't 'who am I?' The question is 'where am I?'"

Rory's stomach was turning. She was still standing in the living room, looking around her. She wanted to keep her cool and make herself seem calm.

"So where are you?"

"Your front porch."

"Stu, this isn't funny anymore."

"I told you I'm not Stu." The caller sounded like they were enjoying this conversation. And it only made her feel more uncomfortable.

"Fine. Stu or no Stu, this is weird and I'm hanging up now."