Stu Please Stop Talking

"Sidney Prescott, who escaped a vicious attack last night, just like Aurora Bloom a few days ago, is the daughter of Maureen Prescott, who was brutally killed last year when convicted murderer Cotton Weary broke into their home and savagely raped and tortured the deceased. Cotton Weary is currently awaiting an appeal for the death sentence, handed down after the young Sidney testified against him. She was the key witness in the State's case against the--"

Dewey turned off the television. It was the next morning and the Riley family, plus Sidney and Rory, were in the kitchen eating breakfast.

"It's never gonna stop is it?" Sidney awkwardly asked.

Dewey sat down next to Sid where Tatum was on her right, while Rory was on Tate's right eating the waffles Mrs. Riley made for her.

"Billy was released. His cellular bill was clean. He didn't make those calls. We're checking every cellular account in the country. Any calls made to you," Dewey turned to Rory, "Rory or Casey Becker are being cross-referenced. It's gonna take some time, but we'll find him."

Rory was happy to hear Billy had nothing to do with the murders. She couldn't wait to see him after school. She continued to eat her waffles, now in a better mood.

"You okay?" Tatum asked Sidney who just looked down. Embarrassed she falsely accused her boyfriend of being a serial killer.

***********

Dewey drove the three girls to school in his deputy truck. The girls got out, while Dewey reassured them. "Don't worry, girls, it's school. You'll be safe here."

Just as they closed the car doors, reporters swarmed Sidney, bombarding her with questions. "So how does it feel to be almost brutally butchered?"

Rory was standing next to Sid when she heard that. She rolled her eyes wanting to sarcastically say, Oh I don't know, it feels ecstatic to live another day! Thank you for asking, stupid bitch.

"Hey, leave her alone!" Dewey shielded the girls from the cameras.

"People wanna know. They have a right to know." One news reporter said.

"Just ignore them, Sid. I do." Rory walked with Sidney on her left, while Tatum was on the right.

The trio walked the campus until Sidney grabbed the girl's wrist, stopping them from walking.

"What?" Rory and Tate said in unison.

"Just a sec." Sidney walked off to a news van where Gale Weathers was sitting.

The two girls stood standing waiting just in case Sid needed backup. They made small talk about how annoying the whole situation is and how they would rather be in bed watching some stupid rom-com than deal with this. They both looked at their friend and saw how upset she was getting, so they walked toward the heated argument.

"Nice welt, sweetie. Let's go, Sid." Tatum put her arm around Sid's shoulder, looking at Gale Weathers's black eye covered with makeup.

"The killer's still on the loose, isn't he?" Gale asked.

"Come on, Sid." Rory said.

"Those murders are related." Gale continued.

"I'm sorry I mangled your face." Sidney walked backwards with her two girlfriends.