Tatum

Tatum Riley was the polar opposite of Aurora Bloom

Tatum Riley was the polar opposite of Aurora Bloom. She was bubbly, energetic, confident, and assertive. She knew who she wanted to be from a young age and from there she built herself up. She always knew how to cheer up anyone that was feeling down. Always protecting the ones she cared about. Even protecting those that couldn't stand up for themselves. It's how she met Rory.

Rory was being cornered by two girls who were twice her size freshman year. Tatum immediately stormed up to them and stood in front of Rory while glaring up at the two girls. "Why don't you go put your attention on finding boyfriends? No one likes snobs like yourselves." Tatum snarked at the two girls.

The girls just rolled their eyes with hurt expressions as they left. Tatum turned to Rory and asked her if she was alright.

"Thanks," Rory said embarrassed.

"No problem. Girls always gotta stick together." Tatum smiled at her.

From that day forward, Tatum and Rory were inseparable. Always having each other's backs and having sleepovers every Friday. They never had sisters, but it was like that's what they were to each other. They never let any drama, boy, or petty jealousy get in the way of their friendship.

So when Rory walked into the garage and saw glass all over the floor, her mind went straight to the worse. She followed the blood trail and when she looked up she felt a cold chill run straight down her spine and her blood run cold. There she was--Tatum's limp body hanging over the garage door. Her upper body was through the doggy door and her neck was broken against the top of the garage.

Rory felt bile rising up her throat when she saw blood trailing down her friend's dead body. She didn't even realize she let out a scream as her knees buckled and she crumbled to the ground. Tears streaming down her face like a never-ending river. She brought her knees to her chest and buried her face between them. Sobs and Tatum's name left her lips repeatedly. Rory didn't care about anything or anyone around her at the moment, she only cared for her now-dead blonde friend. Her heart ached as her body was consumed with gut-wrenching grief.

***********

Rory didn't know how long she had been sitting there crying on the ground, but she snapped out of it when she finally heard screams and shouts. Her head snapped up and one name popped up into her head--Sidney.

She got up from the floor and let out a whimper when she glanced at Tatum's limp body. Rory looked away and decided to look for Sidney. She wasn't going to let another friend die today.

She walked back inside and quietly looked around downstairs for her brunette friend, making sure to keep an eye out for Ghostface. She walked towards the front door when she heard shouting.

"Please, Sidney. Oh!"

"Fuck you, both!" She heard Sidney shout as she walked down the hall and saw Sid slam the door shut on Stu and Randy. She heard the two boys shouting for help and pounding on the door.