I Missed Your Rambling

Aurora Bloom can remember the first time she met Billy Loomis as if it were yesterday

Aurora Bloom can remember the first time she met Billy Loomis as if it were yesterday. They were both in the same fourth-grade class when the teacher assigned them as class partners. Rory remembers seeing the boy for the first time. He was short with tussled brown hair and piercing brown eyes.

Everyone in their class was afraid of Billy. Kids would say he looked like he was from a scary movie and he was the creepy child. At the time, Rory thought that was mean, but now she laughs thinking it was kind of funny.

Nonetheless, Rory smiled at the boy while he just simply ignored her like he ignored all the other kids. Rory didn't know why, but she was determined to befriend the boy. Secretly, she thought he was cute.

The entire year of fourth grade, Rory would try and talk to Billy. She would greet him before class and say goodbye after. She was always getting stickers from the teacher for being so well-behaved and smart, so when she noticed the brunette boy wasn't getting enough attention, she would give Billy her stickers every time.

One time, it was Valentine's Day and the kids were passing out valentines. Of course, Rory got so many from her classmates, but she frowned when she realized Billy didn't have much. So, being the sweet girl she was, she gave Billy half of her candy. Billy said he didn't want them because they were hers, but Rory didn't take no for an answer. She even gave the boy a homemade Valentine's card, it was a red heart that said, Whether you like it or not, you are my coolest friend ever!!! xoxo, Rory.

That day, young Billy knew the small girl was never going to give up. And truthfully, Billy was happy the girl cared so much, always wanting him to feel included. She was never afraid of him like the other kids, she always wore a smile on her face when she saw the boy. To this day, Billy Loomis still has his Valentine's card Rory made him. Symbolizing the start of something good in his life.

When Rory found out Billy was released, she was beyond happy. She could never bare the feeling of betrayal if she found out her friend was the killer. So, when she realized she bumped into Billy, she ran into his arms, hugging him so tightly like she hadn't seen him in years.

Billy was shocked the girl was hugging him. He thought she'd be a little hesitant since he was in a jail cell last night for being accused of being a serial killer. After his shock, he hugged the girl back. He always loved hugging her. Billy Loomis never was one for physical touch, even with his girlfriend he was barely the touchy type. But with Aurora, Billy would do anything in the world just to be within breathing distance of the girl. The girl doesn't even realize that she practically consumes Billy's thoughts. She's all he thinks about; he wakes up and wants to see her, he goes to sleep thinking of her, and he even pleases himself just picturing the girl.

"I missed you." Rory said against his chest, still clinging to the boy.

"I missed you too, princess." The boy laughed into her hair. He didn't know how to explain it, but the girl always smelled like a fresh autumn breeze. She was the definition of Fall.

Rory pulled from the hug and grabbed his hand. "Come on, we can talk outside and catch up."

"Don't you have class?" Billy asked confused.

"Please, I have an A in that class. Besides, being attacked by a psycho gets me sympathy, aka I can skip class whenever I want." The girl continued to pull her friend along the hallway.

Once they were outside, they sat down on a bench near the front of the school. The air was fresh and cool. Autumn creeping in, with orange-brown leaves littering the ground. Halloween was only two weeks away, Rory's favorite holiday.

"So...how are you doing? Scratch that, you spent the night in a cell, obviously you're not okay. When I found out, I was so worried and scared for you. I obviously knew you weren't capable of murder, so I assumed it was wrong place, wrong time type of thing. Sidney's looking for you by the way. I think she's embarrassed and feels extremely guilty she falsely accused you. Oh my god! How was the cell? Was it dirty and cold? Did you have cellmates? Oh! Did someone make you their b-" Rory looked up and saw an amused expression on Billy's face. She realized she was rambling the whole time and didn't let him get a word in. She looked down embarrassed and said, "Sorry."

The brunette boy put his finger under the girl's chin, making her look into his eyes. "Don't be sorry. I missed your rambling."

Rory blushed and smiled shyly. Billy's smirk only seemed to grow seeing the way Rory grew flustered. He loved the effect he had on her. Billy thought of her as an innocent, pure angel. And the murderous boy wanted nothing more than to taint that innocence.

Billy then answered all her questions, while she smiled happily, clinging onto every word he said.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Rory apologized for something that wasn't even her fault. She just felt bad he had to sleep in a cell.

The boy sighed and laid his hand on her knee. "I told you to stop apologizing. You have nothing to be sorry for, Rora."

"I know, I just feel bad is all." The girl sighed, not even realizing Billy rubbing her knee gently.

Billy's eyes lit up for a second and smiled mischievously as he thought of something. He looked down at the girl with a look of innocence. "Hey, you wanna help me feel better?"

Rory looked up and smiled. "Of course! What can I do?"

The brunette smirked and said, "How bout I go to your place later, bring some pizza and we watch a movie. I'll even go to the video store after school to grab one."

The girl's eyes lit up at the idea. "Okay! You pick the movie and I'll have the popcorn ready."

"Sounds like a plan."

The bell rang, alerting the two their next class was going to start.

Billy got up and put out his hand for Rory to grab pulling her up. He put his arm over her shoulder. "Come on, I'll walk you to class."

Rory just smiled, happy that she was going to spend time with her best friend later. Meanwhile, Billy was happy because his plan was going great.