Rules

The people left at the party were chilling in the living room watching Halloween

The people left at the party were chilling in the living room watching Halloween. Some were sitting squished on the couch or the floor. Stu was seated on an armchair with Rory on his lap, his arms wrapped around her waist and his chin resting on her shoulder as they watched the movie.

"Oh, look look! Here it comes." One boy said excitedly as he sat on the couch next to Randy, pointing at the t.v. screen.

And on cue, a jump scare happened and everyone dramatically gasped in exaggeration. Even Stu's hold around Rory's waist tightened as everyone laughed.

"The blood is all wrong! Why do they do all that? It's too red!" Another boy said.

Rory laughed as she whispered to Stu who still had his chin on her shoulder, her back against his chest. "Your friends are theatrical."

Stu grinned and whispered back. "Says Miss Dramatic."

"Hey! I'm not dramatic." She whispered back in mock offense as she playfully glared at him.

He nuzzled his face closer to her neck and softly pecked her cheek. "You are very dramatic but don't worry, princess. It's what I love about you." He whispered into her ear.

Rory felt her face grow hot, so she decided to listen in to the conversation to distract herself. Stu chuckled as he noticed her flustered face and the way she looked away.

"You don--" Randy paused the movie and dramatically set the remote down on the table. He got off the couch and walked to stand right next to the t.v. and face everyone. "Jesus Christ. You don't know the rules? They don't know the rules, Rory." Randy looked at Rory with disbelief.

Rory giggled and sarcastically said, "Oh the horror, Randy."

"Have an aneurysm, why don't ya?" Stu chimed in as he joked over Rory's shoulder, causing Rory to let out a laugh.

Randy ignored the jokes as he stated seriously with his beer still in one hand. "There are certain rules one must abide by in order to successfully survive a horror movie. For instance, number one, you can never have sex."

Everyone started booing Randy and throwing some popcorn at him. Randy waved his arm up and down to block the thrown popcorn as he said, "Big no-no! Big no-no!"

"I'm a dead man." Stu teased and quickly licked Rory's cheek as he pulled her closer onto his lap.

"Stu! Gross," Rory whined as she wiped the saliva off her cheek, but still had a smile on her face nonetheless at his comment and action.

"Sex equals death, okay? Number two, you can never drink or do drugs." Randy stated.

Everyone shouted and clinked their drinks together. Rory and Stu clinked their own together and drank from their beer. "You're two for two, sweetheart. Better watch out." Stu purred close to her ear.

"Oh don't worry. I'll just push you towards the killer while I make a run for it, sweetheart." Rory teased with a grin.

"Ouch." Stu joked as he held her tighter.

Randy continued, "It's a sin. It's an extension of number one. And number three, never, ever, ever under any circumstances, say..."

Before Randy could finish, Stu gently lifted Rory from his lap and stood up. He placed her onto the armchair.

"...' I'll be right back,' cause you won't be back." Randy finished.

"I'm getting another beer. You want one?" Stu said to Rory and Randy.

Rory nodded her head with a smile, while Randy said, "Yeah, sure."

"I'll be right back!" Stu said in a pretend scared tone as he walked backwards to the basement with a goofy look on his face.

Everyone shouted dramatically with 'oh's and ooo's.' Randy pointed towards where Stu once was and said, "You push the laws and you end up dead. Okay, I'll see you in the kitchen with a knife."

Rory stifled a laugh at Randy finishing his whole speech. She started to clap as she teased, "You did amazing, sweetie!"

Randy flushed but sat back down on the couch and said, "Yeah yeah. Laugh all you want. You know it's true."

"Yes, Ray. I'm very aware. You tell me constantly about the rules, it's practically engraved in my brain." Rory lightly chuckled.

"Good." Randy wore a proud grin as he looked at Rory. The two clinked their beer bottles together.

***********

"Look! Here comes the obligatory tit shot!" Randy said excited as he pointed at the screen.

Rory and another girl just rolled their eyes as the boys straightened up and kept a close eye on the movie. The boys clapped and cheered when the girl in the movie showed her breasts. The girl got up and left, leaving Rory with the rest of the boys. Rory was starting to wonder what was taking Stu so long. Should she go help him with the beers in the garage? Oh, but Billy told her there was a huge spider in there.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when the phone started to ring. Her head perked up and she saw Randy sluggishly crawl to the phone and answer it. "Hello? Yeah?.....Holy shit. No..." Randy stood up and turned to face everyone. "Listen up. They found Principal Himbry dead. He was gutted and hung from the goalpost on the football field."

Rory's blood ran cold at hearing the sad news of her principal. Though that couldn't be said for the boys, since they all said excitedly that they were heading to the school to see Himbry's dead body. The boys ran off drunk out of the house, leaving Rory and Randy behind.

Randy layed on the couch and continued to watch the movie as he said, "Guess it's just the two of us."

Rory laughed as she got up from her seat and patted his cheek. "No, no. I'm going to look for Stu. Don't die on me, Ray."

"I would never leave you behind." Randy slurred as he looked up at Rory with heart eyes.

"Good boy." She teased as she winked at her nerdy friend.

Rory walked away from the living room and headed for the garage where she last seen Stu. She was only worried about the scary spider in there, unaware of what she was to see that was way scarier than a little spider.