Chapter- 7 Apologize

Arnav's Pov

"Cute", I mumbled, looking at Naina who was wiping her mouth where food was stuck while she was eating.
In these two days, what I observed is that she can't complete eating without spilling on herself and she is very clumsy. I am not a fan of clumsiness. If you are with me, then you have to be perfect, but I don't know why in her case I always find her cute and full of life.

"Who?" Ajay asked.

"No one", I replied immediately.

Actually, I have an important meeting tonight about the project which I have been planning for one year. That's why I turned her down when she invited me for dinner.

Meeting held in a private room of one of our restaurants, but I was surprised to find her here. I can see her clearly from where I sat. The meeting completed at 7:30. Still, here I am, looking at her.

I saw her taking a selfie of herself while eating and within a minute my phone beeped indicating I had received a message. I opened and found her pic with a message 'you missed it'. So, she took a picture to send me.

I smiled looking at her enjoying with her friends and it reminded me of someone who used to be my best friend and it drifted me to a memory of him.

"Who is that girl, Arnav?" Ajay asked slowly when I immersed myself in looking at her.

"Naina", I replied unknowingly.

"Fuck, is she the same Naina whom you are talking about, the RJ girl", he yelled making me come back to my senses.

"Why are you yelling, Ajay?", I hissed.

"Is she the same Naina?" he asked again.

"Yup, she is", I replied.

"What the heck, tell me the full story", he demanded and I told him everything from the start.

"So, you love her", he asked after listening to everything.

"What? No", I replied immediately.

"Then why did you lie to her", he questioned and I don't have an answer for this.

"It's ok, Arnav, take your time to know your feelings but tell her the truth as soon as possible. It's not good to lie, that too with a girl you like", he stated and I nodded.

After some time, she left from there when it's time for her Radio show.

"Let's go", I said to Ajay while getting up from my chair.

"What's the hurry?", he asked.

"She left", I replied and took my coat from the back of the chair and marched out.

We came back and climbed the car. I took the driver's seat while Ajay sat on the passengers. We both live in the penthouses of nearby buildings, so we came together.

I switched on Radio in my car as in few minutes Naina show will be starts

While going back, I saw someone on the road whom I haven't met for 3 years and immediately guilt washed over me.

"Did you saw him too", Ajay asked

"Yeah", I replied, going back to the days when we enjoyed a lot. He is also my best friend. He, Ajay and I used to hangout a lot in high school days and became inseparable in our college days but because of one misunderstanding we separated and that's me who misunderstood him and didn't give him a chance to explain but after one year, I realised my mistake however that's of no use as we lost contact.

He and Ajay used to be in contact but somehow, he missed it too. Now, after three years I am seeing him and he hasn't changed a bit.

"Don't blame yourself for what has happened, Arnav", Ajay patted me.