Chapter- 13 Apology

Arnav's POV

Just like Devansh said, he is making me lose the project. He made the company which agreed to provide raw materials, stop supplying material at the last minute. I have to find a way out from this until tonight, otherwise I will lose this project.

While I was thinking about how to resolve this issue, my intercom buzzed with an incoming call.

"Sir, Miss. Aadhya from Golden leaf company is here to meet you," Peter said as soon as I picked up the call.

Aadhya? Why is she here without an appointment?

"Ok, send her in," I replied.

After a few minutes, I heard a knock, and I permitted them to come in. Peter opened the door and sent her in and closed the door.

"Have a seat, Miss. Aadhya", I said, pointing at the chair in front of me and she sat down.

"What is the purpose of your sudden visit?" I asked her and she said that she was here to inform me that she is ready to supply me the raw material for the new project.

"So, you are telling me, you will help me with Raw materials," I asked her with raised eyebrows.

"Yes," she replied confidently.

"Why you wanna help me?", I asked suspiciously as I don't know why she is here to help me out or is she playing along with my brother to make me lose the project.

"I just want to thank you for the help you did to me in the past, and don't think like I am helping you because I am a businesswoman so of course, I only do business", she remarked.

"What do you want in return?", I questioned.

"Just partnership in the project", she replied.
"I can provide you the Raw materials and you make the end product so it is a win-win situation," she said professionally.

We discussed the pros of us being partners on the project.

"Ok Miss. Aadhya, I am impressed and I am ok with this partnership, I will discuss this with our board of directors tomorrow and let you know the results," I said, stretching my hand for a hand shake.

"I will wait for your call then," she shook my hand.

...

"So, Aadhya is ready to provide raw materials," Ajay asked me.

"Yes, but we have to keep it a secret for now. We can reveal this directly in tomorrow's board meeting," I informed Ajay as I don't want to risk this partnership.
If my brother finds this out then he may cause her to stop the supply, not that she listens to him, hell, she never listens to anyone. She is one of the badass women in the business, no one can stop her if she starts something.

"Ok, anything else," he asked.

"I am going to meet him today," I commented.

"Great, do you want me to join?", he asked and I nodded negatively.

"I want to talk to him personally", I replied and he nodded in agreement.

At 5pm I stopped working and went out collecting my things.

"Do you want me to drive you, sir?", Peter asked me.

"No, Peter. You can go home after your work and as discussed please prepare a contract for Miss. Aadhya for the partnership", I informed.
"And don't forget to keep it a secret", I added and he nodded.

After one hour, I am here at the parking lot of the Techie software company where my friend is working, which is turned out to be one of our subsidiary companies. I think it's time for their logout as many people are coming out from the office.

How can I face him? Will he talk to me? Will he blame me for misunderstanding him? Does he even look at me?

My chain of thoughts broke when I heard his voice calling me. "Arnav".

I turned around to see Avinash, my best friend looking at me.

"Hey, Arnav. Why are you here? Did you come to meet anyone here?", he asked like nothing happened between us and we are still on talking terms.
I thought, he doesn't even look at me and here he is talking to me first.

"I came here to meet you, Avi," I said and my voice came low.

"Me? Ok tell me what's it?", he asked.

"Shall we go out and talk?", I replied and he nodded.

After 10 mins, we are sitting in a coffee shop near his office.

Four years back, that was the most crucial project for us, and for me it was so important to enter the board of S group. Board of directors made a deal with my brother and I, who takes up the project will become the CEO and can enter the board.

Next day was the board meeting and I had to showcase my plan and views about the project. But I slept the next day until afternoon, not attending the meeting. Ajay called me many times, so did my father but I was unable to pick up as I was sleeping. Then I found out that someone spiked my drink the previous night and that night I was with Avinash. And also, my plan got leaked. What Devansh showed in the meeting room is the deal prepared by me. No one knows about the deal other than Ajay and Avinash.

When I went to Avinash to ask him about that, he was talking with my brother and was smiling.

That's it I misunderstood him. Anger made me blind to see the truth. My trust issues made me blame Avinash without giving him a chance to explain. I always think about him why he did that to me but a corner of my heart always trusted him. I used to blame myself for not giving him a chance to explain.

Then one year later I found out the truth, and I was devastated. Until then I tried to impress my brother to get back to our relationship but then I stopped putting efforts.

That day at the railway station I heard Naina for the first time and felt it when she said "Remember one thing you don't have to love the person who hates you... So, move on... Let them go. Brace yourself, this life is yours, live it like you wish". That's the thing which made me realize that I don't have to love my brother who hates me. That night Naina's words gave me motivation to live.

"How have you been, Arnav and how is Ajay? and congratulations on your new project", Avi said, bringing me back to my senses.

"I am sorry, Avi. It was my fault; I should've trusted you. I am really sorry for blaming you and not giving a chance to explain. Please forgive me", I stated in a single breath.

"That's ok, Arnav and I am not mad at you for that", he replied with a smile. "Even I would have reacted like that if I was in your place".

"No, Avi. That's not right", I remarked. I am feeling guilt for not trusting my friend and this guilt is eating me. I want him back in my life.

"If I say I forgive you then would you feel happy", he asked and I nodded desperately.

"Ok, Arnav. I forgive you, are you happy now?" he asked and I nodded.

"Arnav, I know you have trust issues because of your family and I know it's your brother who misled you to misunderstand me. I know you will come back to me so I was waiting for you from years", he remarked and tears rolled down my eyes. That's my best friend. He trusts me even though I blamed him.

"Sorry, Avi", I mumbled again.

"Arnav, look at me. It's ok", he said and held my hand and squeezed it.

We talked for hours sitting in the coffee shop catching up on what is happening in each other's life and we are back to being best friends again.

"Ok, we will meet on this Saturday", he said as we exited the coffee shop.

"Deal, Ajay will be excited to see you", I replied.

I have to thank my butterfly who made it possible. She always solves my problems with just simple words, unknowingly.

💜💜