Chapter- 11 Home

Naina's Pov

"I missed you, mamma" I said as I hugged my mom as tight as I could.

"Didn't you miss your dad? " My dad asked from behind.

"I missed you more, Dadda" I whined and hugged him, leaving my mom.

"Stop acting like a kid", my brother scoffed as he smacked me on my head.

"It hurts", I said, rubbing my head.

"Don't hit my princess", dad remarked, acting mad.

I stuck my tongue at Avi and he tried to hit me again, but my dad stopped him.

"Now stop fighting like street dogs and come to have your lunch. I made fish fry for you", my mom urged us to have lunch.

"You always cook her favorite food", Avi whined as soon as he saw fish fry on the table. Fish fry is my favorite and if it was made by my mom, then it's heaven.

"Be thankful we are giving you food even when you are adopted" I teased him.

"I don't want eat, mom... You always cooks her favorite" Avi scoffed.

"Stop yelling at my wife, boy" My dad commented.

"Now, stop bickering, I cooked your favorite too", she said as she placed chicken curry on the table.

" I love you, mom. I was just joking before" He hugged mom.

"Back off, back off, that's my girl" Dad remarked, separating him from mom.

It's not new to us, our dad is never afraid to show his love to mom in front of us. We grew up looking at them being lovey dovey and dad still takes mom to dates. Every Friday he takes mom to dinner and that was so sweet. I really love their relationship. They set an example for us... How to treat our partner and what we can expect from them.

We had our lunch in a lively environment, like always. My brother's and my voice are echoing throughout the house as we are bickering at each other and occasionally giving a few kicks under the table.

"How about watching a movie?", I suggested after having lunch.

"Yeah, let's do that. It's been a long time since we watched a movie together", my dad remarked.

"What movie? I have to do the dishes and clean the table too," my mom sneered.

"It's ok, mom, we all can do those things first and then we can watch a movie", I commented.

"Yup" my brother agreed.

"Ok Avi, you do the dishes. Dad will clean the table, and mom will make us popcorn to eat while watching the movie".

"Then what will you do?" my brother narrowed his eyes at me.

"I will select the movie and put it on the TV", I reasoned.

"I will do that and you do the dishes", he huffed.

"Boy, you do the dishes and my princess will select the movie. Come on", dad said and dragged my brother to the kitchen. Avi glared at me before entering the kitchen. I just stick my tongue out to tease him.

After 15 minutes, everything was set. We switched off the lights and started the movie. Mom and Dad sat on the couch while Avi and I sat on the floor, leaning on the couch.

It was almost 7 when we finished the movie.
"Now, I can't cook alone", my mom remarked.

"We can cook together. What say, Avi? " I said, and he agreed immediately, so did our father.