Chapter- 61 His birthday

Tada..!! Surprise🥳🥳

An early update 😍😍

Happy reading ❤

***

Authors Pov

"Hi, Aunt," Naina greeted as she composed herself opposite to Malini in a coffee shop.

"Hello, dear," Malini greeted back with a smile.

"What's the matter? Why did you ask me to meet, Aunt?" she asked as she sipped her coffee.

"It's Arnav's birthday this Saturday," Malini remarked.

"Yeah, I know it," Naina replied.

Malini took out a small box from her bag and put it on the table and Naina glanced at it confusedly.

She then forwarded that box to Naina.

Naina's gaze fell on the box then Malini as she asked "What is it?"

"It's the gift I prepared for my son... Can you give it to him?" she asked.

"Why don't you give it yourself?" Naina remarked lazily.

"You know our relationship, right?"
"I don't think he will take this. Every time I send gifts to him but he always sends them back to me, that's why I am asking you to give him this time," Malini stated.

"Do you know what you did wrong the whole time?" Naina remarked and Malini shook her head.

"You sent him gifts, not gave him directly," Naina stated.
"I think what Arnav needs is your whole hearted wishes not these gifts or anything."

"But, Naina---,"

"Aunt, a deep talk and a genuine apology can fix your relationship," Naina commented and Malini fell silent thinking about what Naina said.

.

.

"Happy birthday, Hero," Naina mumbled, caressing his hair and kissed the top of his head while he was sleeping on her chest.
It was 12am, she was still awake just to wish him but he fell asleep while listening to her talk.

"Now that you wished me, sleep," he shuffled and hugged her tight.

"Are you awake," she asked surprised,
"I thought you were asleep."

"I was but woke up when you shuffled to see the time," he remarked with closed eyes.

"I just shuffled a little," she commented.

"Baby, your slightest move can wake me up and just your presence can make me sleep," he said and kissed her just above her breast making butterflies dance on her stomach.

"Now, sleep," he mumbled and she closed her eyes to sleep while his thoughts wandered around.

'It's my birthday again... the day which reminds me the most that I am alone. Every year, my mom sends gifts but she never wishes me directly. They think their gifts can make me happy but what makes me happy is their presence. I would be very happy If they could wish me directly rather than sending gifts.' With these thoughts he fell asleep.

"Do you have to go," she asked as he was going to the office.

He pecked her pout as he spoke "I don't want to, butterfly but as you know it was an important meeting."

"Ok," she pouted.

"I will come early," he kissed her forehead.

"Then I will wait for you," she exclaimed with a smile as she didn't want to make him upset on his birthday.