Chapter- 23 Watching a movie

Authors POV

"I feel safe with you", he said as he sat beside her.

"Here. show me your hand" she remarked, taking out something from her bag.

"What is it?" he asked, forwarding his hand to her.

"A bracelet", she stated, keeping his hand on her lap.

"A handmade bracelet?", he asked when he saw the bracelet.

"Yeah, I made it myself for you", she commented, showing him the bracelet.

It is a simple bracelet with beads and pearls and a small butterfly was hanging in the middle.

"You said you feel safe with me so think of this butterfly as me and tell your problems to this butterfly when I am not around", she said as she tied the bracelet to his hand.

He felt special when she did that. No one ever showed this much effort for him and when she is doing this, he is feeling so special and overwhelmed.

"Thank you so much, butterfly", he said and kissed her knuckles.

"Sorry, I was overwhelmed", he whispered when he realized what he did.

"That's ok", she smiled reassuringly. She didn't feel uncomfortable when he did that, instead she felt something in her heart.

"You don't really have any hobbies," she asked him.

"Yes, I usually work when I am free", he replied, honestly.

"And you don't watch movies either," she remarked.

"I don't really", he responded.

"Let's go and watch a movie then", she said excitedly.

"Now?", he questioned, not understanding what to do.

"Yeah... come on", she said and stood up and urged him to stand.

"I never went to a theater to watch a movie till now", he remarked as he stood up.

"It's ok come this once... please ... for me", she asked with puppy eyes.

"Ok, let's go", he replied and held her hand walking further.

They went to the theater and bought tickets to a random movie. He bought some popcorn and cold drinks then they both went in.

"It was dark", he commented as soon as he entered the theater.

"Of course, it will be dark. Come let me take you to the seat", she walked ahead of him and took him to their seats as he followed her.

The movie started shortly after they settled on their seats. He gasped when all the people roared at once and whistled.

"Why are they shouting?" he asked her.

"My dear hero, it was a hero entry scene and they were all happy to see their hero", she whispered.

It was all new to him. The dark theater, the noise, the whistles everything is new to him and it amazes him as they all were happy just to see a movie. He was never this happy even when he signed million-dollar projects.

She is watching the movie while he is watching her. It was her expressions that made him smile. All the emotions in the movie can be seen in her expressions. She was mad when the villains beat the hero, she was happy when the hero and heroine were together, she laughed when there was a comedy scene, she smiled shyly when the hero kissed the heroine and she cried when the heroine cried... for every emotion her expression is changing.

"It's worth it,'' he mumbled to himself.

"Watch the movie", she said when she found him looking at her and he shuffled in his seat awkwardly shifting his eyes to the screen. Then after a few minutes his eyes again made their way to her and he felt relaxed looking at her.