Chapter- 68 Devastated

Authors POV

"Where the fuck have you gone, Naina?" Avi yelled, frustratingly.

"Ajay, contact airport authority and take the details of the flight Naina took," Arnav said, controlling himself.

Before Ajay could say anything, Avi's phone rang.

"It's my mom," Avi said and everyone went silent.

He picked up the call and put it on the speaker.

"Hello, mom," Avi said after composing himself.

"Hey Avi, what are you doing?" his mom asked, and they chatted for a few minutes before mom asked the question which Avi couldn't answer.

"Avi, why is your sister's phone switched off?" his mom asked and a tear rolled down from Avi's eye.

"Mom, that—" Avi stuttered.

"Did you forget? she will be on flight," Avi's dad commented and all the eyes snapped at the phone alerted.

"What did you say, dad?" Avi asked and Arnav rushed to him, sitting on the floor to hear as Avi was sitting on the couch.

"She left for the states last night, right? She will be still on flight by now," his dad responded.

"When did she tell you this?" Avi asked as Arnav signaled him to ask.

"A week ago, when she came home," Eshwar stated.

"What did she say?" Avi asked.

"She said she is going to states to do her masters and told us to not discuss this with you as she wants to surprise you," his dad explained.

"Did she surprise you?" his mom asked.

"Yeah, mom... she surprised all of us," Avi said, controlling his tears.

"Mom, can I call you back?" Avi said and disconnected the call.

"So, she planned it from the start. She went home to tell mom and dad a week ago and 4 days ago she came to you telling me she wants to spend some quality time with her brother then the Holi celebrations for memories and yesterday morning she was with me knowing she will be gone the next day and last night she spent time with her friends and left all of us here," Arnav mumbled looking at the wall blanky.

He got his happiness after waiting so long but he lost the final ounce of that light.

"Arnav, control yourself and come, we have to go to the airport," Ajay muttered pulling Arnav up as he was sitting on the floor in his office.

They all went to the airport in a hurry. They can get the data to his office but for that he has to wait and he doesn't want to wait now so they went to the airport to check themselves.

They checked all the records and found nothing.

"Why is it not showing details of Naina?" Arnav asked the officer.

"It seems she hasn't left the country, sir," the officer replied.

"No, we checked the CCTV footage and it showed that she entered but didn't leave the airport," Avi exclaimed.

"That means either she used a fake passport to leave or she left the airport after changing her clothes and covering herself," the officer stated.

"Peter, check all the people who came out of the airport wearing masks from last night and try to find the passport which she used to leave the country," Arnav ordered Peter once he came out.

"She said to her parents that she is going to the states. Why don't we search for her in the states?" Ajay remarked.

"Do you think she told them the truth?" Arnav commented.