Chapter 11: The Beach

You crossed the road with Bill and Tom, the sound of traffic and cars beeping filled your ears. The sun began to set, the sky was the same shade of gold as yesterday when you were with Tom. The view was beautiful, and the air was perfectly warm, with the sun out and the breeze blowing against your body. Tom was wearing dark blue swimming shorts with white drawstrings and a white singlet, he carried a cooler box in his hand. Sunglasses covered his eyes, with his blonde dreads being tied up into a high bun. Bill wore black swimming shorts with black drawstrings and a grey singlet, he carried two beach bags in his hands.

Your sandals began to become covered in sand as you stepped onto it, some of it getting stuck in between your toes. The feeling of your feet treading onto the soft sand and sinking into it as you got closer to a specific spot the three of you had your eye on and planned to set your things down at. You made it to the area and all of you set your things down. "We're the first ones here." Bill said, stretching out. His singlet lifted up to reveal his star tattoo, his shorts hanging low.

You pulled the straps of your white dress down, sliding it down your thighs to reveal your purple bikini and folding it into your bag. Tom's eyes scanned your figure, he couldn't look away. His cheeks turned very pink when you caught him staring and he quickly looked away. They both pulled their singlets above their heads and you couldn't help but glance down at Tom's abs, he caught you staring too and you quickly looked away, both of your cheeks were pink from embarrassment. The three of you headed for the water, you followed behind. You stepped into the water, the cold feeling immediately raced down your body. "It's so colddd!" Bill cried, stepping into the water.

You laughed at him, his teeth gritting and his arms crossed from how cold he felt.

You began splashing the water at eachother, Tom picked you up, dragging and dropping you into the water. You felt the water enter your nostrils and some of it accidentally go into your mouth, the salty taste sprinkling your tongue. You coughed and tackled him into the water.

After a few minutes, Bill noticed Ramona and Abel had finally arrived. The three of you rushed out of the water to go greet them. You and Tom were out of breathe from fighting eachother. "Hey Ramona!" Bill said, pulling her in for a hug. You all said hi to eachother before returning back to the water.

You got the idea of playing chicken fight in the water.

"Let's play chicken fighr!" you exclaimed. "Oh my gosh yes! What are the teams?" Ramona agreed. "Bill and y/n and me and Ramona." Abel responded. You all agreed, Bill bent down so you could climb onto his shoulders. You glanced over at Tom who was exiting the water because he probably felt unincluded. You felt sorry for him.

I'll go to him as soon as I finish the game

You told yourself. You began swinging at Ramona, grabbing onto her body to use your force and push her down. After a few seconds of fighting, you finally managed to knock her down. The two of them collided into the water like falling towers. The sound of water splashing, as they fell underneath the surface. You and Bill laughed and you climbed off his shoulders to high-five him.

You navigated your way out of the water, and walked over to Tom, who was sitting down on top of a towel with his knees up, holding his hands together. "Hi." you said, bending down to sit next to him. "Hey." he dryly responded, looking over at you. "Why aren't you in the water?" you asked, tilting your head at him. "I wanna stay out here for a bit." He said, releasing his hands from eachother and planting them back into the sand. His knees dropping as his legs laid back down flat.

"Tom..." you spoke, "hm?"

"What exactly happened at Ramona's party when you were kissing my neck?" you asked.

He blinked at you, not expecting that question. His cheeks tinted into a pink. "Oh, uhm..." he shyly looked away. "I sat next to you because you seemed bored and you were saying flirty stuff so I flirted back, which led to me kissing your neck, just kissing your neck! Nothing else." he explained.

"Oh, interesting." you replied, smiling. "Let's go join the others in the water then." you said, holding out your hand for him to grab. He held onto your hand, pulling his weight up. He dusted his shorts off, and before you went to return to the water, you saw Travis, Jonah, Georg, Gustav, and your two other friends (who you didn't know were invited) Fiona and Quinn had arrived.

Your eyes lit up at the sight of Fiona and Quinn, you hadn't seen them in so long. Ramona or Abel must've invited them. You ran up to them. "Fiona! Quinn!" you said, smiling so widely and pulling them both into a big hug. They smiled as big as you, "y/n, it's been so longgg" Fiona said, holding onto you. "I missed you two." you admitted.

You said hello to everyone else, and all of you went to go join the others in the water.

After a few minutes, you and Tom were playing a game of doing some yoga poses in the water. You were on top of him, his legs holding you up, as you were both holding hands. "Okay, now I'm gonna let go." Tom warned. "No! I don't trust myself!" you cried, Tom laughed. His hands slowly releasing from yours, only his legs were holding you up. You screamed. "TOM. STOP. I'M GONNA FALL, PUT ME DOWN NOW!" you shrieked, his legs bent down and you hopped back down onto the sand. He was still laughing at how scared you got. "It's not funny." you said, crossing your arms.

"What the hell is that?" Tom questioned, looking into the water. He headed towards it and reached into it, pulling out an entire fucking jellyfish.

He started giggling, holding it up in the air. "What the fuck, put it back." you said, disgustingly backing up from him. "Are you scared of it?" Tom said, waving it towards you and stepping forward. "Don't. You. Fucking. Dare." You warned, putting up your finger, before he bolted towards you and you sprinted at full speed out of the water.

"TOM NO!" you shrieked, running onto the sand and he just continued chasing you with the jellyfish jiggling as he ran and laughing his ass off. You ran up behind poor Gustav, your nails dug into his arm from how quickly you held onto him and ended up pulling him down and scratching his skin. The both of you fell, landing onto the sand.

Tom laughed even louder, still holding up the jellyfish before he tossed it back into the ocean. "Ow..." Gustav groaned.

You repeatedly apologised at Gustav, feeling guilty. "I'm sorry I'm so, so, sorry Gustav this dumb ass made me do it!" you apologised.

"Do you just enjoy seeing me scared?!" you asked, he just continued to cheekily giggle. You scoffed and clicked your tongue, rolling your eyes and shaking your head. "Maybe a little bit." he smiled at you, flashing his teeth. You lifted yourself up from the sand, helping Gustav up afterwards and you apologised some more to him and he reassured to you that it was fine.

"Guys look, it's Lena." Bill said, everyone's heads turning to the direction Bill was facing.

-
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
this chap was very fun for me to write can u tell lmao. anyways next chap im gonna introduce lena and yall gnna get to know her more and learn ab her and toms hustory ohnooo... anyways hope u enjoyeeddddd