CHAPTER NINE

I can't believe I'm doing this; I sigh before looking at the time on my iPhone, 4:30pm. I had 30 minutes to get to dinner and enough time to ask the person I dread a gigantic favor.

I swiftly walk over to May's room, ignoring the knock sign on her door. She's sitting on her white sofa, painting her nails. She glances at me and rolls her eyes.

"Can you not read either?" She grumbles, finishing up her nails.

"I need you to do something for me-"

"Yeah no." She quickly cuts me off.

I groan, "If you'd let me finish, I think you'd like it."

"What would I like that has anything to do with you?" She states, closing the cap of the white nail polish.

I quickly look around making sure none of my brothers are in sight.

"You like parties, don't you?" I rush out.

Her eyes widen a bit, she didn't expect me to say that did she?

"Well, tomorrow a boy I met at the park is throwing a party."

She laughs, "Little miss Kendall isn't as perfect as they all think, is she now?"

I roll my eyes at that, they probably don't think I'm perfect, especially after the way they've been treating me.

"So can you help me sneak out and you can come?"

She bites her lip, "Fine."

"Only, because I want to come" She quickly adds.

"So, how will we sneak out and get there?" I ask watching as she cleans up her nail polish putting it neatly back into the bag.

"I haven't figured that out yet, the boys are like hawks. But when I do, I'll let you know."

I nod, "Thanks, May."

I quickly leave the room heading back to mine, I brush my hair before heading down to the dining room. You'd think with a house this big; they'd have an elevator and not millions of staircases.

All of my brothers were sitting at the dining table, as the chef was bringing out their plates. There were two open seats left, one next to Damien and then one next to Enzo. I decided to sit next to Enzo, he's been the nicest brother since I've arrived, though he's done nothing nice. I sit down next to him, and he smiles at me. Shortly after May arrives, sitting across to me.

"Tonight, Enzo, Angelo and I will be going on a business trip to France. Daimen and Marcelo, you two are in charge while were gone. We'll be back in a couple of days."

Me and May shared a knowing look. Although I despised Daimen and Marcelo, these were the perfect brothers to leave us with. Daimen was rarely home, skateboarding with his dumb friends and Marcelo was always out partying or bringing home women.

"I expect you and May to be on your best behavior." Alessandro adds looking at me.

Best behavior? Tell that to Daimen and Marcelo.

"Of course, Alessandro." May smiled digging into her food.

The rest of the dinner was rather boring everyone else was talking about random things I had no interest in listening to. I did have one question though, why was Alessandro always leaving for meetings, business etc. What did he do for a living that made him so much money? Were our parents rich, wait where are my parents? Okay, maybe multiple questions.

"Alessandro, why do you always have to leave for work? What do you do?" I ask, picking away at my food.

He paused for a minute as if he were making up an answer.

"I am photographer, it requires me to travel." He says calmly.

Daimen snorted, choking a little on his food when Alessandro said that. A photographer, what kind of photographer gets paid that much where they can afford as house like this and spend money without a care in the world?

"Wow, I didn't know photographers made that much. Is that all you do?" I question, looking straight at him.

"We own a family business, we own hotels, clubs and a car Delar ship. Don't worry about it tesoro." He smiled.

"What about our parents, where are they?" I ask, I've never seen a photo of them, I don't even know their names.

Alessandro seemed a bit surprised at my question. "Don't worry about it, neonata."

He's really not gonna tell me about them?

"What are their names?"

"Kendall enough, I said not to worry about them."

Tears threaten to fall, but I don't let them. I'm not humiliating myself Infront of my family tonight.

"Sorry for asking, I mean if you didn't even know your parents' names wouldn't you be curious to?" I huff, stabbing a piece of cooked broccoli.

"Flavia and Carlo"

I look back up at him.

"Your mamma's name is Flavia and your papà's name is Carlo." Is thick Italian accent is laced threw his tone.

I grin, Flavia and Carlo. They sound like nice people.

"When will I meet them, Alessandro?"

Angelo brings up another topic and Alessandro is quick to ignore me. My curiosity grows. Also why did all my brothers have Italian names, and I didn't?

"Alessandro why do you all have Italian names, and I don't?" I ask.

"You do have an Italian name, neonata." He smiles.

I furrow my brows and give him a puzzled look.

"Your real name is Chiara." He says sipping on his glass of red wine.

My eyes widen, Chi-ara. My names Chiara, but why do people call me Kendall?

"Our aunt is also named Chiara, so we ended up calling you by your middle name Kendall to avoid confusion." He states.

"Marcelo was too dumb to understand the fact there was two Chiara's in our family, so he ended up calling you Kendall and we just stuck with it." Angelo laughed, earning a slap from Marcelo.

"Would you like to be called Chiara?" Alessandro asked, smiling when he noticed the sparkle in my eyes.

"I would love that." I smile.