CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Today I woke up with the perfect Idea, going to the beach! Yesterday as me and Ophelia were driving around, I noticed a beach that was really close to Ezra's house.

I pulled out my phone and searched nearby beaches, it was only a ten-minute walk! I went over to my closet to pick out a bathing suit, me and Ophelia might have gone a bit overboard when we were buying them because now I had around fifteen.

I grabbed a cute black one, it was a one piece so that meant it was Ezra approved and it had a low cut back. He might not like the back but oh well. How could Ezra say no to me going to the beach if I was already ready? He can't.

I got dressed into my swimsuit and I grabbed a pink beach towel that had a seashell design scattered over it, from my bathroom closet.

I grabbed a fitting pair of sunglasses and a book, The Love Hypothesis. I slipped on a pair of new flipflops and headed downstairs to ask Ezra.

"And where are you going, hm?" He asked as he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Can I go to beach please?" I asked with a smile.

"Well, I don't see why not." Ezra said.

I grinned and ran over to the front door, "Yay, thanks Ezra!"

"Wait kid, did you put some sunscreen on?"

"No."

He raised his eyebrows slightly, "Well put some on."

"No, it's fine, I don't like sunscreen." I say as I was about to twist the doorknob open.

"Ah, ah. Get your a** back here and put some on, you're going to get burnt if you don't." He says a bit sternly.

"But I don't care." I sigh.

"Too bad that I care, now sit." He says sternly as he points towards the couch.

I sigh but comply, I go over to the couch and slump back onto it.

I watch as he disappears into a room and comes back with an orange bottle of sunscreen. He tosses me the bottle "Put it on."

I groan and stand up, I take the bottle and I begin applying it to my face, arms, legs and shoulders. "Happy now?" I sigh.

"No, do you think you have a magical back that is resistant to the sun?" He tsked.

"Ezra." I whine.

He walks over to me and takes the bottle of sunscreen from my hand, and he begins applying it to my back.

He looks at my choice of swimwear, "What happened to kids wearing unicorns." He sighs.

"I'm a teenager, Ezra. We don't wear unicorns." I state.

"Well, you better start and make it a trend."

I roll my eyes, oh Ezra.

I turn back around and glare at him.

"You're welcome." He smiles.

"Can I go now?" I ask, as I retrieve my book and towel from the couch.

"Not yet kid." He says as I watch him go over to the fridge and grab a water bottle.

He comes back over to me and hands it to me, "Now you can go." He smiles.

"Thanks Ezra." I smile.

He nods, "I'm coming too, I'll meet you at the beach in a few minutes once I'm ready."

"Don't go to deep in the water without me, kid." He quickly adds.

"I'm just going to read." I tell him.

He looks down at the book in my hand, "Even better." He smiles, "I'll see you their kid, be careful for me, okay?"

"Always, Ezra."

He ruffles my hair with a smile, "That's my good girl." and I'm quick to swat him away.

"Ezra." I huff out in annoyance, as I place my stuff down to flatten out my now messy state of hair.

"Okay, see you, their kid." Ezra grins as he goes upstairs to his bedroom.

I pick back up my things and have a sip of the water he gave me before heading out the door.

The walk there was quite refreshing even though it was so hot out, I could smell the ocean breeze all the way from his house. It took me a bit longer to get to the beach because I was admiring the beauty of all the different trees.

I found a nice non crowded spot to lay down my beach towel, I flattened it out onto the sand and placed down my water and book. I laid down onto my stomach and took the book into my hands, I had the perfect view of the ocean as I laid only 5 feet away.

I drowned out every noise except for the calming water and I began reading my book.

Ezra came twenty minutes later I only read about thirty-five pages of my book; it was so good so far!

I sat up as I saw him in the distance, carrying a picnic blanket and a bag. Before I closed my book I placed a light pink bookmark in it, marking the page I was on so I wouldn't forget.

Ezra placed down his bag next to me and laid out the picnic blanket. He was wearing blue swimming trunks.

 Once he finished placing the picnic blanket it down, I moved onto it instead of my towel since it was a lot bigger.

He reached into his bag and takes out a beachball that hasn't been blown up yet and places it down. He then takes out two containers of salad, handing one to me and he also hands me a mini bag of lays chips.

"Thank you, Ezra." I smiled.

He takes a seat next to me and starts to blow up the giant beach ball.

I open up the container and I poured some dressing onto the salad; I grab a metal fork and I start to eat it. 

It surprisingly wasn't poisonous. Ezra knows how to make a salad, noted.

Ezra finishes blowing up the ball and tosses it to the side.

Ezra said completely out of breath, "Jeez I should've made you do that, you have stronger lungs then me."

I laugh, and twist open the cap of my water bottle, taking a sip.

Once I'm finished eating the salad he stands up and picks up the beach ball, "Let's go play catch in the water." He said with a grin.

I can feel my cheeks heat up, "I can't swim." I tell him a bit embarrassed. 

He looks a bit surprised, but he quickly covers it up, "That's okay kid, I can teach you." He suggests.

"Yeah, I'd rather not." I think that'd be more embarrassing.

"Come on, it's fun." He says with a smile.

"Nope."

"Fine, we will teach you another day, but we can still play ball just in the shallow area where you can stand." He smiled, gently pulling me up by my arm.

"Okay I will race you there." He grinned as he tossed me the huge ball and he began sprinting to the water.

I smile and shake my head, gosh he's more of a kid then I am and he's 16 years older.

I watch as he jumps into the water, "Wait for me!" I call out with a smile as I begin running to catch up with him.