CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

By the time I got outside it was completely dark with the sky filled with bright stars. Luckily, I didn't bump into Alessandro on my way down here.

It wasn't as cold as I thought it would be, there was just a slight breeze. My eyes wandered towards the volleyball net, the one that was next to the trail. There was a light, it seemed to be coming from a motorcycle, I couldn't quite tell since it was far away. My heart dropped, that can't possibly be Andrei, can it? Why would he wait this long?

I shrugged off the thought and pulled my hood over my head, I have nothing to worry about there's like a hundred people on this island and there's plenty of land to walk on that's far from the trail.

I began walking towards the canteen which was now closed of course, but that should be far enough from him.

I took a seat on the soft sand, and watched as the waves gently grazed the shore. I sighed in relief, and stretched out my sore, tired legs. I took a deep breath in, breathing in the fresh ocean air.

Five minutes passed of just sitting on the sand and listening to the calm sound of the waves.

"Chiara." A voice called from behind me.

I almost jumped at the sound; how did I not hear anyone creep up behind me.

I turned my head slightly to see Andrei. My skin crawled at the sight of him, and I felt my stomach drop.

"Where have you been, I was worried about you." He said, he looked to be a bit upset but after he saw how uneasy I looked he just smiled.

My heartbeat raced, why am I so scared?

After a few seconds of pure silence, he took a seat next to me.

It's okay, I've been with this guy alone before, It's okay. I sucked in a breath, and I returned the smile.

"Sorry, my brother wanted me to clean my room before I left." I muttered as I ran my sweaty palm against the cold sand.

He smiled, "That's okay, I know how your brothers can be."

My smile faltered and I felt my stomach drop. Why did he say, your? What does he mean by that? He doesn't know my brothers. Maybe it was a mistake.

He gently patted my back and then proceeded to rest his hand on my shoulder, "Why do you look so uneasy, sweetheart, there's nothing to be worried about my love." He whispered into my ear as he ran his hand soothingly on my back.

"Listen it was nice, but- but I-I got to go." I said, trying to hide the shakiness in my voice as I stood up.

My knees felt as if they were about to buckle at any given second.

A frown appeared onto his face, he slowly stood up, I noticed how he easily towered over me.

He gently held my hand and caressed it with his thumb, "Love, there's nothing to worry about, I just wanted to give you this." He grinned as he reached into his back pocket, pulling out a shiny silver necklace that glimmered underneath the moonlight.

"Here turn around." He said softly, placing his hands on my shoulders and gently turning me around.

He put the necklace around my neck and then smiled at me.

"It looks so beautiful on you, love." He whispered softly.

I knitted my eyebrows together as I looked at the necklace, there were two letters, AV.

"Hm, what does this stand for?" I asked, looking up at him to meet his eyes.

"Those are my initials, darling." He said with a smile as he pointed to them.

Maybe he isn't so bad after all, maybe I am just going crazy.

I nodded, "I love it, it's beautiful, thank you Andrei." I softly smiled, "I need to get going, I will see you around."

He pulled me in for a hug, "Alright, I will see you, darling. Be careful."

I waved to him, and I began hiking my way up to the hotel, I can't believe I was so scared for no reason, he isn't even that bad. I shook my head at my silly thoughts, I need to be more trusting.

As I opened the door to our room, I was relieved to find that Alessandro wasn't back yet. I didn't need him cursing me out for no reason at all. I jogged up the stairs and slipped the necklace he gave me into the top drawer of my dresser. I don't need Alessandro questioning about irrelevant things either.

I quickly brushed my teeth, and then I flopped onto my comfy, safe bed. I snuggled into the warmth of my blankets; I will just rest for a few minutes then I'll go shower.

I felt someone kiss my forehead minutes later, "Goodnight, principessa."