CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I quickly ran through the airport, following behind Alessandro as he took long strides. He was in a bossy mood today because he slept through his alarm, and no one bothered to wake him up because no one knew what time we were leaving at, I wonder whose fault that is.

"Good morning Mr. Rossi." A flight attendant greeted with a bright smile as we reached the plane, she had long black hair that reached her waist, she was about 5'2 and had bright sky-blue eyes.

Alessandro nodded to the women and ushered everyone inside the plane.

I took a deep shaky breath and walked up the steps onto the plane, I'm not a fan of flying. I slid into the last empty seat; Alessandro took the seat next to mine.

I quickly fastened my seatbelt and watched as the plane took off.

Alessandro pulled out his laptop and began typing.

"Alessandro? Are you going to tell us where we are going now?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

He shook his head, barely acknowledging me.

I sighed; I wonder how long this flight will take.

My eyes lingered towards his laptop; I wonder what he's doing. He was typing an email to someone, but everything was written in Italian. There was one word I could understand though, California.

My eyes widened a bit, were we going there? 

"Are we going to California!?" I asked, looking up at him with a wide smile.

A frown formed onto his face, "Gosh child, would you stop being so nosey." He grumbled, turning the side of his computer away from me.

I bit my lip to stop myself from squealing, I took that answer as a yes.

Man, I really need to learn Italian, then I could know everything about these fools. 

I decided to turn on the small TV and watch a movie to pass the time.

                                                                               -

By the time the plane landed, it was dark. We drove through the big city that was lit up with hundreds of lights.

"Where are we going?" May asked with a frown as we drove father from the big city and closer to the water.

"We're going to an island." Alessandro replied coldly.

I cringed at his tone, why was he always so rude.

May groaned, "But why there's so many beautiful hotels we could've stayed at."

Alessandro ignored her and we drove in silence for another twenty minutes until we arrived at a dock, a large boat was tied onto the post.

A shiver ran down my spine, I was going on a boat that led to the middle of nowhere with psycho mafia men that have anger issues and a spoiled brat.

"This is so boring." May whined as we walked up to the boat.

"I agree, we could have gone anywhere else." Marcelo grumbled, as he stepped onto the boat.

"What if there are sharks?" May added.

"Then we'll throw Kendall to them." Marcelo snickered.

I glared at them, very funny.

Me, May, Marcelo, Daimien and Enzo took a seat on the bench on the deck of the boat, while Angelo and Alessandro went to go sit where the driver sat.

I held onto the rail tightly as I looked down at the sparkling water, I don't trust any of them. My stomach dropped as we started to move nothing could be seen for miles, not to mention it was freezing.