CHAPTER THIRTY

I sat there alone on the bench as tears streamed down my face. He walked off the boat and he never even looked back. The boat began moving, it was to take me somewhere, I have no idea where though. I assume somewhere with Ezra, whoever that is.

Great, now I was going to go see some stranger and I'm not even sure for how long. I don't even know what he looks like or what his connections are to my family. I hope I get to see Leo tonight; I really miss him already.

I'm so tired. I'm so tired of everything. I really hope this guy is nice, who am I kidding he's probably just as mean.

I glanced towards the guy who was driving the boat, maybe I should push him off then take the boat and run away. But that'd be mean, it probably sucks enough that he has to work for Alessandro, and I also don't know how to drive a boat. He also looks like he'd put up a good fight.

I sighed and slumped back until my back hit the railing of the boat.

I pulled my legs up too my chest. I felt a few drops of rain, great now it's raining, how lovely. I pulled the hood over my head and watched as we drove closer to the city.

The boat came to a halt as it reached the dock. I slowly stood up unsure of what to do, am I supposed to get off?

"Better get a move on, it's starting to pour. The guy you're meeting is down by that bench." The guy who drove the boat said.

I nodded, and I began walking over to the bench. I'd say thank you but am I really thankful to be here? No.

I could run right now, I could.

As I tried to make up my mind, the guy from the bench stood up and began walking over to me, making up my mind for me.

He stood Infront of me and studied me for a moment. His eyes wandered all over my face, a slight smile grazed his lips.

He looked oddly similar to me, more similar than me and Alessandro but he looked to be at least five years younger than him.

He shrugged off his jacket and handed it to me, "Here, kid." He said as he handed it to me.

"I don't want your jacket." I mumbled with a slight frown.

"Well, you're taking it, it's p*ssing rain out." He muttered as he helped me slip my arms through it and pull the hood up.

I sighed and zipped it up.

We began walking, for a good five minutes to well I don't know where.

"Who are you?" I hesitated to ask as I knitted my eyebrows together.

"I'm your-" He cleared his throat, "Cousin."

"Well, do you have a car or are we just going to keep walking in the rain?"

"Yes, I have a car. But I don't park my car in the middle of the park where people walk, sorry. It's in the parking lot." He said sarcastically as his gazed was fixed on me.

I rolled my eyes and kept following him until we reached a black jeep, and he opened the passenger door for me.

He got into the driver's seat, and I could see his face much clearer, he had a faded scar under his eye.

We drove in pure silence until we reached a friendly looking neighborhood. I was sort of expecting an isolated house with a guarded fence and high-tech security, maybe I'm getting to use to this mafia stuff.

He pulled into the driveway of a navy-blue house; it was pretty cute.

He held the front door open for me, and I walked inside. I glanced around, you could see the living room and kitchen just from the front door.

I looked over to the couch to see a red lace bra hanging off the side of it. 

He began taking off his shoes and placing them to the side.

"What are you looking at, kid?" He asked.

Then he realized there was a bra hanging off the back of the couch, he quickly scrambled to find a blanket and he tossed it over it.

"Alessandro warned me you were nosy." He grumbled under his breath.

How is it nosy if it's right on display for everyone to see?

"Come on kid, I'll show you too your room." He sighed as he slowly began walking up the stairs.

I took off my shoes and followed him. Why is he the one sighing? I've been almost kidnapped today, my brother slapped me and yelled at me and then he threw me onto some boat and said see you later.

"Here's your room." He stated as he opened the door.

The walls were a pretty cream colour and there were a lot of light blue touches. There was a soft white headboard, white and blue floral blankets with lots of pillows. There was a vanity with a Hollywood style mirror above it. There were pretty paintings hung all around the room and by the window there was a little reading nook.

My eyes widened a bit, it was the prettiest room I have ever stepped foot in. There's no way a man decorated this.

"You're right, Ophelia did." He muttered.

I covered my mouth with my hand, realizing I blurted that out loud.

"Who's Ophelia?" I asked.

"My sister." He sighed. "She insisted on decorating when she found out you were coming back a few weeks ago." He tsked.

They found out I was coming back a few weeks ago? But Alessandro decided today?

 "I hope you like it, because there's no way in h*ll I'm dragging up one more piece of furniture into this room."

"Well, thank you I guess." I shrugged, and I began taking off his heavy jacket that probably made me look like a marshmallow.

"Well, you're welcome I guess." He shrugged as I handed him the jacket.

"You hungry kid?" He asked, taking the jacket from my hand.

"No."

"Good, I didn't really feel like cooking anyways. It's getting late, why don't you brush your teeth or something? Toothbrush and girl sh*t are in your bathroom, don't come for me if it's wrong I didn't buy it." He raised his hands in defense.

"We can go over some rules tomorrow." He stated.

I narrowed my eyes at him, rules really? Last time those didn't go very well.

"Don't give me that look, Alessandro gave me a list to tell you, I never made them." He shrugged.

Oh wow, even better. Because Alessandro's rules are so reasonable.

"Anyways, better get some sleep kid. Hopefully I don't burn the sh*t out of your eggs tomorrow."

I sighed as he walked back down stairs, I don't know what to think. I hate Alessandro. He said this guy was strict but he doesn't seem that strict. I don't know what to think of him, is he nice or sassy or both?

Whatever I hope he keeps it this way, everyone always seems to change when they hang around me.

I walked into the bathroom that was connected to my room, there was a basket on the counter with a pink bow at the top, there was a little note attached to it.

The basket was filled with necessities and some makeup and fake glue on nails. There was also a fresh bouquet of tulips in a vase. I smiled at it and took the note from the ribbon.

To my darling Chiara, I hope you enjoy the makeup and nails! I can't wait to come see you and spend countless of girl days with you!

-Love Ophelia.

My lips pursed into a smile at the thin piece of paper that I held in my hands, maybe this place isn't as bad as I thought it would be.