CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

I woke up to the smell of burning food and the sound of the smoke detector. I groggily stood up from the bed and peered down the staircase.

Sure, enough Ezra was running around the kitchen like a chicken with his head cut off. There was a frying pan in his hand and smoke was coming out of it.

The smoke died down a bit and I decided to go walk down and see what the heck happened.

He set the pan onto the stove and pulled open a window.

I walked into the kitchen and slid onto one of the breakfast bar stools, "W-"

"Shut up, I don't wanna talk about it." He quickly grunted as he grabbed a plate from the cabinet.

He scooped up something and put it on a plate and slid it in front of me.

"And this is?" I asked as I knitted my eyebrows at the- food? It didn't look very edible.

"Eggs."

"Um, Ezra. I think eggs are supposed to be yellow... not pitch black."

He rolled his eyes, "Well, it's a little burnt, but the extra flavor won't hurt you. Besides the extra crunch just really brings out the texture, I could be the next Gordan Ramsey, you know?"

"You know-"

"Fine." He groaned, grabbing his keys from the counter. "Let's go to some ditzy cafe for breakfast and we won't ever speak of this again, got it?"

"Okay."

We arrived at one of the 'ditzy' cafes, this one was apparently Ophelia's favorite. It was a sweet pink colour, and they had lots of pastries, sandwiches and drinks.

"What do you want kid?" He asked as we stepped in line.

I took a moment to scan over the menu, "I'll get a bagel with strawberry cream cheese and a water please."

He nodded and walked up to the cashier, "I'll get two bagels with strawberry cream cheese, a water and a black coffee, in the coffee I will get two cream and two sugar."

The women nodded and he paid for our food.

"How the heck is it a black coffee if you got sugar and cream in it?"

His lips pursed into a grin, "It's not, you think I'm actually that demonic to drink that sh*t?"

"Why don't you just say you want a coffee instead of black coffee?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Because It's not as cool. When I tell them I want a black coffee there most likely thinking, wow this guy is so cool he drinks black coffee? And then when I tell them I want sugar and stuff in it they think it's even cooler."

"Sure, Ezra. We will go with that."

"Don't sure Ezra me, you see those women's eyes? They were all over me." He smirked.

"Besides you can't be talking, hanging out with our rivalries son, really?" He added.

"Rivalries?"

His back stiffened a bit, "Oh, you don't know. Forget what I said and go find us a seat while I wait for our food, will you kid?"

So, Andrei is Aleksandr's son?

"Okay." I went over to one of the tables with two chairs and took a seat. Ezra came over with our food shortly after.

"Look at that, I got her number. I told you it was cool." He said proudly as he took the seat across from me.

Yes, she definitely gave you her number because you asked for black coffee then ordered a regular coffee.