CHAPTER TWENTY

Finally, Daimien came running down the stairs with shorts on and a towel in his hand.

He scrunched his face up, "She's not coming with us, is she?" He sighed, sending me a glare.

"Uhm, they asked me first!" I shouted back at him.

"Don't be rude Daimien." Leo reminded him as he held the door open for everyone.

Everyone began walking towards the beach, "Ugh, why does she have to ruin everything." Daimien muttered under his breath so quietly that no one could hear but I heard it.

I looked down at my shoes, why does he have to be so, so mean? I don't bother him, do I? I quickly wiped the sad look off my face and ran up to get closer to my cousins, and farther from Daimien.

Leo walked over to a volleyball net whilst Julias, Daimien and Elias headed over to the water. He picked up the ball that sat on the ground and tossed it to me.

"Do you play volleyball?" He asked with a smile.

"Nope, do you?" I asked with a grin as I looked down at the white ball.

"I used to in high school, would you like to play, tesoro?"

I nodded, I threw the ball in the air and hit it with the palm of my hand, but it didn't go very far, it didn't even make it over the net.

I kicked the ball over to him, "You serve it, I'm not very good at this." I said sheepishly.

He picked up the ball and served it perfectly to me, yet I missed.

For the next hour we played volleyball together, well more like he played, and I kept missing, but in the end, I hit it over the net.

"Did you see it, Leo? I did it!" I smiled excitedly, as he embraced me into a hug.

"Yes, I saw! I'm very proud of you, principessa, you will be a pro in no time." He laughed. "I'm going to go get a drink I will be right back. Would you like something to drink?"

I shook my head, "I'm good, thank you though."

"Let me go at least get you a water, it's so hot out here."

"Okay, thanks, Leo." I smiled.

He nodded and walked over to the canteen; it was about 40 ft away. I picked up the ball and practiced serving it over the net until a Russian accent caught me by surprise, Andrei.

"Hey, Chiara, I didn't think I'd see you here." He said with a smile as he brushed a strand of hair out of my face.

I turned around and saw Andrei standing behind me, I grinned, "Hi."

"Come любовь, I want to show you something." He said as he took my hand in his.

I looked back towards the water; they were all swimming, and it would probably take Leo at least ten minutes to get our drinks. 

I bit my bottom lip; I'd feel so guilty if I left and didn't make it back on time. I don't want to get Leo in trouble.

"Andrei... I can't come right now, how about tonight? You can show me tonight."

He caressed my hand softly, "Come on, it will be quick no one will know." He whispered.

"Tonight. I will see tonight, okay?" I breathed out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Okay, 9 o clock sharp? Right here." He said as he gave me a peck on the cheek.

I nodded and with that he walked back up the trail. I shifted uncomfortably in the sand. Why do I have this weird feeling about him? He seems so, so genuine and nice, but the accent is throwing me off. That day in the closet, Alessandro, was on the phone. They were talking about the Russian mafia. I know it's crazy to think this, but what if he was a part of it? I mean come on, why is there some random hot Russian guy on my family's island? Who's really bold enough to pull me into the water and kiss me?

I shook my head; weird thoughts ran through my mind. Maybe I'm just too stuck up and scared, maybe I should let loose more?

Maybe that's what all guys do when they meet a girl they like, h*ll I wouldn't know. I'm not sure how love works.

I saw Leo starting to walk back, I quickly picked up the volleyball and began practicing again. Shortly after Leo came back with our drinks.

"You, okay?" He asked with a bit of worry in his voice.

I furrowed my brows; how does he know that I'm not okay?

"Yeah? Why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

"You look a little uneasy is all, I was just making sure you were okay princess." He said softly unscrewing the cap to a water bottle and handing it to me.

"Thank you, it is really hot out here." I laughed and I chugged the ice-cold water.

"Come on, let's go back inside it is too hot, I don't want you to get a sun burn." He said as he starred at my pink cheeks, he then took my sweaty hand in his.

I felt embarrassed by the fact my hand was so sweaty, but he didn't seem to care. After a few minutes of walking along the sides of the beach back up to the hotel he crouched down.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"Get on my back I will carry you, tesoro, you're getting to slow." He teased, with a playful smile.

"Oh wow." I laughed as I playfully pushed him.

He gave me a piggyback ride the whole way until we reached the hotel door. A smile formed onto my face; I've never had a piggyback ride before.

                                                                                         -

I hit 100k reads!! Thank you, guys, so much for all your support and for reading! <333