CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

As we reached the dock, Damiens face morphed into a scowl, in which I returned. He shook his head and muttered something in Italian under his breath.

Soon enough the boat arrived, and it didn't even wait for a minute.

I reached into my pocket to make sure his card was still there, I ran my thumb over the letters, Andrei Volkov.

Now why would he give me this? He barely knows me, heck he doesn't even know me at all, only my name.

I shook off the thought and slipped the card back into my pocket. Oh well, at least I have money to buy paint for Leo's seashells.

The boat ride took about fifteen minutes and the walk to the mall was about ten.

"Where would you like to go first principessa?" Leo asked with a grin, as he held the door open for me.

"Could we go to the dollar store?" I asked with a smile.

The dollar store would be the cheapest place to get paint at. That way, I didn't have to spend much of Andrei's money.

"Of course."

My eyes danced around the large mall; this mall was much bigger and grander than the one in Italy. Yikes, the last time I was at a mall didn't go very well.

                                                                  ---

Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to spend too much of Andrei's money... but I might have gotten a little carried away. In my defense, he told me to spend as much as I'd like.

Leo offered to pay every time, but who would I be to let him pay for his own present?

And then I might have stumbled into a teddy bear store, but how could I resist? Besides Fluffy is in need of friend. And then I might have accidently stumbled into a few clothing stores and shoe stores. Key word, accidently.

But there was a strange, rather creepy thing happening every time I purchased something. Every time I bought something this guy dressed head to toe in black was close by, and it wasn't for just a few stores it was every store. What would a guy be doing in a bra store?

Me and Leo walked into the food court, it was pretty filled considering it was supper time.

"Are you getting hungry, principessa?"

"Yes, I'm in the mood for anything besides pizza." I only half joked.

He chuckled, "Why don't you pick out a place to order from while I go to the bathroom, it's just right there." He pointed towards the restrooms.

In the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of the guy. My heart rate picked up, "No... I need to go to the bathroom as well." I lied as I quickly stood up from the seat.

He nodded and we began walking towards the bathrooms. I kept my arms wrapped around my body. This can't be a coincidence; this guy only goes wherever I go.

"Are you okay, principessa?" Leo asked concerned as he rested his hand on my shoulder, his eyes held a look of worry.

"Yes, I just feel a bit sick." This wasn't a lie, but I wasn't feeling sick the way he might think, I was feeling sick because we were being followed.

"I can call the boat to come get us, if you aren't feeling well, sweetheart." Leo whispered with a concerned look in his eyes, as he soothingly rubbed my back with his hand.

I shook my head, "I'm fine." I reassured with a soft smile. "Let's get our food and we can go?" I asked.

I don't think he was quite convinced, but he nodded anyway.