CHAPTER TWELVE

Before I knew it, I was swung over his shoulder.

"Alessandro!" I wailed, hitting his back with my fists as he carried me out the door. Though it didn't do much, he didn't even flinch, I think I was just hurting my hands.

My cheeks flushed to a deep red; I can't believe he would do that Infront of my new friends. There goes my luck of making new friends at school.

He took long strides over to his black jeep, roughly shoving me into the back, and with that he slammed the door. I winced at the loud sound, and quickly put my seat belt on.

I watched as Daimien brought May out to his car and they both got in. I looked at Lorenzo's face in the mirror and snickered, he looked so pissed.

"Is this funny to you little girl?" He asked sternly, his hands tightened around the steering wheel, making his knuckles go white.

"Sort of." I slurred, a small playful smile came across my face, and I quickly bit my lip to hide it.

He shook his head, "You're in so much trouble." He chuckled, starting the car.

I gave him a sloppy smile, maybe I should be scared? But right now, I couldn't care less. I leaned back into my seat, crossing my arms, and closed my eyes.

                                                                                          -

I slowly open my eyes; everything was like a blur. It takes me a few moments to realize I was in my normal room. The door was still there and there were no cameras. I sighed in relief; I don't think I could handle camera's and sit in a box of a room for any longer. I sat up, feeling nauseous and rush over to my door.

 I quickly rush over to the bathroom that was down the hall. The lights were dimmed, and everyone's doors were closed. I swear getting around this house was like a maze, a scary one at that, you'd never know which monster you'd bump into.

 I kneel down by the toilet attempting to throw up and try to be as quiet as possible. That was fail, though. Because Alessandro was leaning in the door frame, with his arms crossed over his chest and a scowl on his face.

 I stumble over to the sink to try and brush out the disgusting taste of stale beer and puke out of my mouth. I catch his reflection in the mirror, he looks very disappointed and angry. I grimace, I'm surprised he hasn't killed me yet. 

"I'm very disappointed in you, Chiara. I leave to go to a business trip, and you go behind my back and sneak out? Unbelievable."

Everyone always is, but hearing my real name made it even worse. I shuffled passed him and went back to my room, but Alessandro is quick to follow.

"I'll have your punishment decided tomorrow, as your too sick to do it today."

I gave a short nod, taking a seat onto my bed.

Alessandro studied me for a moment, "I'll tell Matilda to bring you up some chicken noodle soup."

He turned before stopping, "Also, hand me your phone you are grounded until I say otherwise, meaning no TV as well."

I sighed in defeat, handing him the phone.

He slipped it into his back pocket and closed the door behind him. I laid down on my bed and starred at the clock. It read, 7:56 am. I groaned into my pillow, what would I do all day? Swimming? Absolutely not. For starters, I can barely swim and with a pounding headache the last thing I want to do is jump in a slimy wet cold pool. Tennis? That might be even worse. I don't think I could even concentrate on reading, let alone ask May to borrow a book. I'd take a nice, hot, relaxing, bath, but there's only a shower in the bathroom that's down the hall. I envy May's bathroom, for one it's literally connected to her room, and she has the nicest bathtub I've ever seen. 

A knock at the door snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Come in." I said, sitting up and putting my pillow back into place.

Matilda walked in with a tray of soup and water. She smiled at me, "Good morning, sugar."

"Hi, good morning, Matilda." I said returning the sweet smile.

She placed the tray on my desk. "Oh boy, you should have seen how upset Alessandro was last night, I haven't seen him that mad in ages! But don't worry I told him not to take it out on you girls. I know how it is being a teenager." She smiled.

" Haha, thank you for the soup, it looks amazing!" I smiled.

"Your welcome doll if you need anything just let me know!" She said leaving the room.

I opened the curtains to my window, letting the sunlight seep through. I opened the window, taking in the fresh autumn breeze air. I smiled taking a seat, I love fall. Perhaps it was the way the tree's turned to a beautiful orange color, or how any hot drink tasted better in fall, but everything just felt cozier in the fall.

I took a sip of the warm chicken noodle soup that was bursting with flavor and watched the trees dance in the wind.