CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

I full on sprinted into the hotel with my drenched clothes. The staff gave me some questionable looks. 

I quickly opened the door to the penthouse; Alessandro was standing there with his arms crossed.

"Why do you look so upset? I'm on time." I said, handing my phone back to him.

He gripped my wrist, "Why the hell are you all wet?"

"I tripped and fell in the water." I said glaring at him as I pulled my arm away from him.

"Did I say you were allowed to go near the water? I let you go on a walk, are you disobeying me already?" He growled.

I knitted my eyebrows together, "Alessandro, we're on a literal Island, there's water everywhere."

He ran a hand through his hair, "I don't care, go take a shower and change before you get a cold."

I rolled my eyes at him one last time before heading up the stairs.

"You better fix that attitude before I fix it for you." He warned, as I neared the top of the stairs.

I ignored him and ran into the bathroom. Unlike the house back in Italy this room had a bathroom connected to it, which I'm very thankful for. I peeled of my clothes and got into the bath without glancing in the mirror. I probably looked like a wet rat right now, and I would rather not see that.

I looked down at my legs, most of the scars he gave me were almost healed. Of course, there'd always be a mark but at least they weren't purple and bloody.

I shivered at the thought.

                                                                                           -

I finished off in the bath and got dressed, I went back into my room and laid onto my bed. As I was about to go to sleep, the last person I wanted to see barged into my room, May.

She was wearing a black sparkly dress that went past her thighs and her hair and makeup was done.

"What are you doing?" I whispered. She was not about to sneak out right now.

"I'm going out, so you better cover for me." She spat.

"Ew, why would I ever do that?" I practically shouted at her.

"I don't know. Maybe because I drove you all the way to that lame party a few days ago and you ended up embarrassing me." She complained, as she took a seat onto my bed.

I almost laughed, I embarrassed her? She's the one who threw her drink on me.

"We also wouldn't be in trouble right now if you would have just left with me." She added with a glare as she crossed her arms.

"What- he already knew. Besides he came in like two minutes after you said that!" I shouted back at her.

"Listen brat, I just need you to go distract him he's been downstairs for two hours."

I scoffed, "Why don't you go get Daimien too?"

"Because he's mad, I dented his car, now get up!" Her lips pursed together tightly as she pulled me up by my arm.

What is with this family and pulling me by my arm? I'm starting to think I'm the adopted one. 

I frowned, "What am I supposed to say?"

"He's a photographer just ask him if he can take some pictures of you." She shrugged, as she led me into the hallway.

Hm, so she doesn't know he's in the mafia.

I quietly groan but comply, I don't think I have a choice if I wanted too.

I walk downstairs and see Alessandro seated at the table, gosh how long is this man going to stay there for.

He raises his eyebrows as he sees me.

"Soo, what are you doing?" I said with an awkward smile as I sat beside him.

"Drinking coffee, shouldn't you be in bed it's 12 am." He states.

"Coffee? At 12 am?" I say, giving him a weird look.

"I have some work to do." He sighs taking another sip.

"Oh, your photographer job! I actually need some help with some photos could you come help me?" I say with a grin. That seems to catch him off guard.

His jaw clenches for a few moments before he responds, "Right, yes, photography... what pictures do you need."

"Just come, I hope you brought your fancy cameras." I smile, pulling his hand.

"You know what, I forgot them."

Sure.

"That's fine you have your iPhone."

"Why don't you take some pictures with your iPhone I'm sure they will be just as good as mine." He responds.

"Oh, you're right, except there's one problem, you took my phone."

He mutters something in Italian before standing up.

I lead him into a random room, it's a sitting room.

"Just take a picture of the fireplace." I tell him pointing towards it.

He nods and snaps a quick picture. I look over at his phone and the whole photo is blurry and it's not even centered.

"Oh, wow. Some great photographer you are."

"What-" He tries to say before I cut him off.

"Anyways, get some work done, I'm sure you have plenty to catch up on." 

I quickly walk back up the stairs, as Alessandro stands there completely puzzled.