CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Leo told me he was going to take a quick shower before we left, that's when an idea popped into my head. I was going to go outside and collect a few seashells to paint for him since he's been so nice to me.

I began walking up the marble steps to go ask Alessandro if I could borrow some money to buy paint, so I could paint them of course. It was probably a dumb idea to ask him, but right now I could care less.

I stood outside his door but instead of going straight inside, I listened in for a bit.

"Is everything at least clearing up." I heard him sigh.

I furrowed my eyebrows together. What was clearing up? I couldn't tell what the other person on the phone was saying, it was way too quiet.

"What do you mean Aleksandr still wants her? Is he out of his f*cking mind!" He snarls.

A sweat ran down my face, who is her? Aleksandr... that was the name I heard when I was in that closet.

Is it mean to say that I hope he wants May? I could go a month without seeing her.

"What are you doing brat?" Daimien questioned, well more like demanded, as he roughly shoved me to the side.

"Nothing, I need to ask Alessandro something, what are you doing?" I spat with a glare, as I knocked on Alessandro's door.

I heard his voice get real low, and he quickly switched to Italian. Daimien walked away with a grunt, and I stood outside his door for a good minute and then I decided to just waltz right in.

He sent me a harsh glare as I stepped into the room. I took a quick glance around the room. It was definitely Alessandro coded, dark grey walls, black bedding and barely any decertations.

He kept the phone still to his ear, "One second." He said to the person on the phone. "Has no one ever taught you it's rude to just walk into people's rooms?"

I rolled my eyes, is he a joke?

"Can I borrow some money for town?" I hesitantly asked with a slight frown.

"Don't use that word." He grumbled lowly as he reached into his wallet, taking out a black card.

"What word?"

"You're not borrowing it; you're not going to pay me back so don't use that word." He snapped. He rubbed his temples with his left hand then tried to hand me his card.

"You know what, keep it, I don't want your money." I whispered-shouted as I gritted my teeth. He always has a problem with me, no matter what I say or do, even if I do nothing, he still has a problem with me. If I just breathed, he'd probably say I'd be breathing too loud.

I turned around to leave but he caught my arm, "Listen- Chiara- I'm... sorry, okay? I'm very frustrated right now, that's not what I meant to say."

He tried to hand me the card yet again.

I shook my head, "Save it, Alessandro."

"Chiara." He groaned out in frustration.

I shook my head once more I don't want his stupid money anymore. I walked over to the door and slammed it shut.

Why does he try and make everything into a pointless fight? Does he expect me to keep my mouth shut when he's being mean? He's such a hypocrite. He wants me to respect him and my brothers, but he's done nothing that's respect worthy, and all they do is disrespect me, like my feelings are meaningless.

I wish he cared about me or at least liked me, am I really that bad?

Whatever it's far too late now, it was too late the day he abandoned me at that awful orphanage. I still don't understand why he gave me up. He had plenty of money, a house, cars- everything. He raised and kept my brothers but not me.

I kicked a rock with my foot as I began walking over to the water. I smiled as I saw a cute white seashell, I bent down to pick it up.

I think Leo will love this one!

"Hey, Chiara." A Russian accent called from behind me.

I rolled my eyes; can I not find my seashells in peace? I turn around to see Andrei.

I internally grimace, why can't I ever go outside without running into him? What does he live out here and then get an alert when I come out or something.

"Hi." I sigh; my eyes meet his gaze.

"Aw, what's with the sad look?" He teases.

"Nothing, my brother was just being annoying." I sigh out once more as I went to grab another seashell.

"Hm and why's that, love?"

"I need some money for paint, and he had to make it into a big fight."

He nodded and reached into his back pocket pulling out his wallet. I raised my eyebrows at him, what was he doing?

"Here, love." He smiled handing me a black card, same as Alessandro. Woah, did everyone always have black credit cards? Am I missing something? Also, he has a lot of trust to give a stranger his credit card.

"Buy whatever you want." He smiled putting the card in my hand.

I starred at the card in my hand, I can't take this! "I can't take this, Andrei. You don't even know me."

"We've known each other long enough." He said with a grin.

How often does this man get robbed?

"Don't be afraid to spend it, love." He said with a soft smile, tucking a strand of loose hair behind my ear.

Hm, maybe I should take it. He's a very needy guy, I've earned it right? I'll only buy paint with it. Only paint.

I wrapped my arms around him, "Thank you, Andrei!" I grinned looking up at him.

"Of course, love." He whispers with a soft smile, wrapping his arms around me.

I break the hug and slip the card into my pocket, "Well I'm going to go find some more seashells."

He nods, "Have fun, my love."

"Thank you." I smile walking over to a larger seashell, the type where you put it up to your ear to hear the ocean.

I pick it up, there's no way I'd fit this thing in my pocket, I'll just have to hurry so Leo won't see it. I collect lots of cute seashells, all in different shapes and sizes. I place them in my pocket and walk back to the hotel.

I place the shells in the top drawer of my dresser, so he won't see them, and I head down the stairs.

"Ready to go, principessa?" He smiles extending out his hand for me to take.

I nod with a grin, and I take his hand in mine.