CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

"A necklace, what else would it be?" I glared, crossing my arms.

He roughly gripped me by my arm, making me stand up. His jaw tensed as his eyes pierced into mine, and the vein on his forehead looked like it was ready to pop out.

"Don't f*cking play dumb with me, how did you get this." His eyes darkened; he looked like he wanted to kill me.

"I got it at the- the gift shop! Let go of me." I trembled trying to loosen from his grip, but he only tightened his grip.

"I'd never allow f*cking trash on MY Island." He snarled.

My eyes fell to the floor, "Andrei is not trash." I mumbled under my breath, but he heard it.

There was a silent pause until a sharp sting landed across the side of my face. Did he just h-hit me?

My mouth opened slightly, yet nothing came out. Violent tears rolled down my skin, as his eyes bored into mine.

"This is not a f*cking vacation, get that through your tiny brain." He shouted, letting go of my arm, making me stumble backwards against the wall.

"I'm always trying to protect you and you go behind my back and pull sh*t like this." He growled.

"I'm so tired of you." He grumbled; he kept his fists clenched at his sides.  "All you do is cause everyone trouble. I've never seen anyone act more stupid than you." He snapped.

More tears flowed out of my eyes; I'm not stupid.

"I hate you." I whispered through my sobs.

His eyes darkened, and he shook his head.

"You know what? I'm calling Ezra, he won't put up with you. Maybe when you come back, you'll learn how to behave." He grumbled, as he walked out of my room, slamming the door shut behind him.

I winced at the sound.

He's worse than Gaston.

My mind felt hazy, what does he mean when I get back? Who's Ezra? I slowly bent down to pick up the necklace he threw on the floor. I slipped it into my back pocket, and I grabbed the credit card from the drawer.

I glanced in the mirror, the left side of my face was covered in red. I lightly brushed the side of my hand against the sting. I tightly shut my eyes.

He hit me, he actually hit me.

I let out a shaky breath, my vision was clouded with my tears. I slid Leo's grey sweatshirt over my head, and I tugged on the sleeves making them go over my hands.

I ran outside of the hotel; it was completely dark by now. I kept my arms wrapped around myself, I tried to seek comfort from Leo's hoodie, but the tears wouldn't stop pooling out of my eyes.

I crouched down by the water, and I threw a rock as far as I possibly could into the ocean. I wish I could throw Alessandro in the ocean.

"Chiara? What's wrong?" A voice called from behind me, I could tell it was Andrei from his accent.

I didn't bother to look up, I was too lost in thought. I heard him sit down beside me, he wrapped an arm around my shoulder, and I let him. I began crying harder, I don't care if Alessandro says he's bad, at least he doesn't hurt me.

"What's wrong, darling?" He whispered, as he gently played with my hair.

"Alessandro is so, so mean, I hate him." I cried.

"What did he do?" He questioned, his voice was soft and calming.

"What doesn't he do." My voice cracked, as I sunk into his touch.