Chapter 2 ★Recovery

Romeo and his best friend Damian were in the car coming from Romeo's company.

"Romeo when are you getting married?" For heaven sake you are not getting any younger you know".

Romeo picked up the magazine in the car and looked at his picture boldly pasted on the front page of the magazine with the "most eligible bachelor" written on it.

He giggled a bit, he was not interested in love ever since his first love left him for a rich old man because he had pretended to be poor. He never wanted to show his statue as an Edward.

The memory brought back waves of pain in his heart, he really loved her a lot back then.

"Damian what is love, anyways, it's just a lie".

Romeo replied looking out through the window as if trying to get an answer.

"Romeo what will you do about your brother and you know your dad also wants you to get married to secure your position as the president MK company, just think about it".

Romeo breathed out and thought about what his friend just said, if he really wants to secure his position as the CEO of MK he needs to make his father happy as the eldest son of the Edward's and his over ambitious step mom and brother will go to any length to get the position.

Romeo and Damian were so lost in their discussion when the driver suddenly stepped on the breaks.

"What's wrong?" Romeo asked for so much irritation.

"Sir a lady just ran in front of the car, I think I hit her" the driver said in fear.

Alex got down from the car and saw a pale and skinny girl lying lifelessly, had it been it was not his car that hit her he would not be concerned but now he doesn't want this girl to add to his problems. So, he carried her into his arms and took her to the car.

"Oh my goodness! What's wrong with her? she looks really bad", Damian said.

The driver drove as fast as he could to Damian hospital, well he is a doctor.

Damian came down from the car and instructed some of the nurses to attend to her while Romeo sat down patiently at the reception waiting for her results. Romeo immediately stood up when he saw Damian coming.

"She is stable now but she suffers so many injuries on her body, I just wonder what happened to the poor girl" Damian said looking concerned.

Romeo stood there unmoved, as long as she is okay then it's none of his business. "I will make the payment and you can just discharge her and let her go back to wherever she comes from", Romeo said coldly.

Damian wanted to say something to him when Romeo's phone rang.

"Come here now" his dad said harshly.

Romeo ended the call on him without saying anything to his father, they both don't have a good relationship.

"I will leave now" Romeo said and left.

** At the Edward's mansion***

The Edward's mansion is the biggest and most beautiful mansion around. Romeo drove in and walked into the mansion. Everywhere was quiet even though there were maids in the house doing their duty.

"Hi son, nice to see you again, your father is in the study room" his step mom Sofia said giving him a fake smile.

Sofia never liked Romeo, she just wanted the property for her son Sam even though by right Romeo is the rightful heir.

"You called for me" Romeo said when he got there.

"Sit down son, down to business when are you gonna fulfil your agreement, time is running out".

"I will not leave the company because you and mom built that business, it belongs to her as much as it belongs to me, Romeo said angrily suddenly remembering his late mom.

"I know all that you don't need to tell me, if you won't get married then get ready to give up your position to your brother, I will make him the CEO if you don't get your heart together and behave yourself".

Romeo hit the table in front of him and walked out angrily since there's nothing he can do. He bumped into sofia eavesdropping to their conversation but he walked past since he knew he was definitely going to meet her there.

**At the hospital**

Hannah opened her eyes and looked around her and she saw she was in the hospital. When she remembered what happened she started crying.

Damian came in and was surprised to see her in tears.

"Hey you up, what's wrong?? Do you want to call anyone??

"Nothing is wrong and I don't want to call anyone, I can go home myself.
Who paid my bills??

"A friend of mine did, you were hit by his car earlier". Hannah felt relieved when she heard that.

"What's your name??

"Hannah, Please, tell him thank you when he comes because I have to get back to the house before my mom kills me, she quickly added".

"How am I to be sure you will not commit suicide? You want people to call me a wicked man for not taking responsibility for a timid girl like you, I'm taking you home whether you like it or not, Romeo said coming in".

Hannah was lost at staring at him but she controls herself, how can a man be so beautiful like this. Who on earth gave birth to this angelic figure?

After the long speech by Romeo, she thanked him and entered his car.
When they were almost at her aunt's home, Hannah told the driver to stop, she didn't want any troubles from her aunt.

"Thank you I would go ahead now".

Romeo ignored her and didn't say anything till she left.

When she got home she saw her luggage packed out, she was confused and she knocked on the door.

"You witch, what are you doing here, boyfriend snatcher Melissa shouted at her."

Now, Hannah understands everything. Sam has come here to explain the opposite of what happened to them. She started crying trying to beg her aunt but her aunt closed the door, she carried her bag not knowing where to go and to make matters worse, rain started falling.

Romeo saw everything because when she got down he told his driver to follow her.

Hannah felt tired and hungry. She started losing consciousness and suddenly slipped but fell into a strong arm.