Chapter 19 *Acid

****At the Restaurant****

Hannah walked up to Victor as the breeze of the ocean kept blowing her hair.

"Hey" she tapped Victor gently on his shoulders and smiled at him.

Victor looked at his face carefully and saw how beautiful and more mature she has become. He met her the other day at a flower shop but he didn't have the opportunity to notice her more closely.

Damnit she looks even more beautiful than ever and her skin was glowing differently, Does Hannah have a good job or what was the secret of her beauty???.

"How are you pinky, you have grown so much" Victor pulled her ear.

"Hey Victor don't embarrass me I'm now a grown woman stop pulling my ears already and please don't call me pinky in front of anyone else, it's so embarrassing I don't want them to start asking me the source of that name".

Victor and Hannah laughed at her word. He looked at her, she hasn't changed a bit only that she seems to look more happier and has moved on from her parents death which is all he has ever wanted and wish for to see Hannah smile again.

"So tell me pinky, you got a new job"?

Hannah shrink a bit, how on earth will she tell anyone she signed a contract to be Romeo lover that's so crazy, right?.

"Hummm...... Victor I really miss our favorite drink can you please get it" Hannah said holding Victor's hand pouting like a child".

"Stop pouting, you look like a ten year old girl, fine I will go get it okay" Victor touched her head lonely.

Hannah nod and turned to look at the ocean and remembered how she has come here to cry so many times whenever she misses her parents and when Victor left, life became worst for her and she thought she will never be happy again.

But then Romeo came into her life and slowly start to put a smile on her face and lighten her dark life.

"I love you" she whispered out to the ocean.

Rosella was standing not too far from Hannah, she followed her ever since she left home and was happy she is finally alone.

Rosella took pictures of her and Victor standing close to each other earlier, she will use it when the time comes but right now she needs to execute her plan.

She brought out her phone and dialed the men's number.

"Where are you fools? She is finally alone just come out and get her".

She ended the call angrily and stood there for a while but when she saw the men approaching on their motorbike, she quickly went back to her car, she doesn't want to witness the horrible scene.

Hannah was standing there reminiscing about her past when the men on motorbike was slowly approaching her. They have a nose mask on, their eyes can be seen but their whole face can't be seen.

The one at the back brought out the liquid in the bottle Rosella gave them and was slowly opening it as they approach her.

They kept racing their bike trying to get Hannah's attention which they did.

Immediately she looked back, her phone fell and she picked it up, concentrating on her phone she didn't raise her face to them. The men became impatient that someone might see them and they pour the content on her neck instead of her Face.

Hannah screamed in pain as she felt a burning sensation immediately the substance touched her skin. It's started eating her skin up and even deeper. She touch her neck and screamed even more loudly.

"Help me, somebody.....help".

Victor heard her voice from inside the cafe and the cup of drinks he was holding fell from his hands.

"That's Hannah voice" he ran outside and when he got there, he met hannah on the floor with a terrible wound on her neck.

"Victor.... please.....help me" she said as she finally closed her eyes.

Victor's hand were shaking, he was struggling to touch her and when he finally did, he could smell acid coming from her body.

Oh no! She has been thrown an acid.

"Hannah, wake up, you can't die on me please" he picked her up and rushed to his car and
took her to the hospital.

*****
Romeo was in a flower shop getting roses he was going to gift Hannah. That was just little out of what he already planned for her that day.

He looked at the roses and smiled, he will finally have the chance to be with her and ask her to be his girlfriend. He went into his car and went directly to the restaurant he has booked for them in advance.

He asked his assistant to pick her up and bring her there to see the surprise.

He got there and was sitting down patiently waiting for Hannah to arrive.

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours and still there was no trace of Hannah and his assistant.

Romeo picked up his phone and called his assistant.

"Where are you guys?"

"Sir i can't find miss Hannah at home, i was told she left home since morning and has not returned yet".

"Alright thanks, he ended the call and started dialling her number but she she didn't pick it.

"Hannah can't be hurt please be fine, he kept assuring himself.

****At the hospital****

Victor was at the reception crying his eyes out and blaming himself.

"It's all my fault, I should have stayed with you and not leave you all by yourself, I couldn't take care of you, I'm sorry I have failed again.

He heard her phone ringing and looked at the screen.

It's Romeo calling.

"Hey, it's Victor here"

"What are you doing with Hannah's phone and where is she? He asked angrily.

"I'm sorry but Hannah is at the hospital right now. Can you please come over I will text you the address.

"What happened to her? Tell me right now"!!.

"Romeo, Hannah is seriously injured, she was thrown an acid".

"What! An acid.... Romeo stammered.

Both his  phone and the flower fell from his hand, he went on his knees as he began to cry and touch his heart. "I'm sorry I was not there to protect you"

He received a message on his phone and he quickly stood up, it was the hospital address.

He took his car keys in his shaky hand
He became a complete fool at that moment, he walked as fast as he could and drove so fast that he didn't care who get injured on his way.